* Re: debugging switches/options with x86 target?
@ 2004-03-02 17:41 nirav.dalal
From: nirav.dalal @ 2004-03-02 17:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eljay Love-Jensen; +Cc: gcc-help

Hi Eljay,

Yes, I have tried -g and -ggdb options and they do work, but I was
wondering
why the other options does NOT work.

- Nirav

                      Eljay
                      Love-Jensen              To:      nirav.dalal@teradyne.com, gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org
                      <eljay@adobe.com         cc:
                      >                        Subject: Re: debugging switches/options with x86 target?

                      03/02/2004 12:31
                      PM

Hi Nirav,

Have you tried this...

g++ -mdll -DBUILD_DLL -O3 -c -fno-exceptions -g foo.cpp

...?

--Eljay

* Re: debugging switches/options with x86 target?
@ 2004-03-02 17:44 ` Ian Lance Taylor
From: Ian Lance Taylor @ 2004-03-02 17:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nirav.dalal; +Cc: Eljay Love-Jensen, gcc-help

nirav.dalal@teradyne.com writes:

> Yes, I have tried -g and -ggdb options and they do work, but I was
> wondering
> why the other options does NOT work.

-gxcoff is only meaningful on AIX.

The problem with -gcoff sounds like a bug somewhere.  I doubt anybody
cares very much, since COFF debugging information is very limited.

-gdwarf was removed recently, since DWARF 1 has been replaced by DWARF
2.  -gdwarf-2 still exists.

Ian

* Re: debugging switches/options with x86 target?
@ 2004-03-02 17:31 Eljay Love-Jensen
From: Eljay Love-Jensen @ 2004-03-02 17:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nirav.dalal, gcc-help

@ 2004-03-02 17:00 nirav.dalal
From: nirav.dalal @ 2004-03-02 17:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hi,

I'm having issues with compiling gcc using debugging switches/options
with x86 target.

I have tried debug switches as under:

>gcc -mdll -DBUILD_DLL -O3 -c -fno-exceptions -gxcoff foo.cpp
cc1plus.exe: warning: `xcoff': unknown or unsupported -g option
cc1plus.exe: warning: `xcoff': unknown or unsupported -g option
cc1plus.exe: warning: `xcoff': unknown or unsupported -g option

>gcc -mdll -DBUILD_DLL -O3 -c -fno-exceptions -gcoff foo.cpp
C:\DOCUME~1\DalalN\LOCALS~1\Temp/cc6baaaa.s: Assembler messages:
C:\DOCUME~1\DalalN\LOCALS~1\Temp/cc6baaaa.s:2819: Fatal error: C_EFCN
symbol out of scope

>gcc -mdll -DBUILD_DLL -O3 -c -fno-exceptions -gdwarf foo.cpp
cc1plus.exe: warning: `dwarf': unknown or unsupported -g option
cc1plus.exe: warning: `dwarf': unknown or unsupported -g option
cc1plus.exe: warning: `dwarf': unknown or unsupported -g option

Why are these options unsupported? Am I missing something?
Any help on this problem is appreicated.

The GCC version I'm using is:
>gcc --version
gcc (GCC) 3.3.1 (mingw special 20030804-1)

- Nirav