* sending messages to this list
@ 2005-08-02 11:56 Dima Sorkin
From: Dima Sorkin @ 2005-08-02 11:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hi.
 I have tried to send a message to this list from
my account at gmail.com, and it didn't arrive to list.
Why can it be? I am subscribed to the list from that
account too.

Thank you.
 Dima.

* traits of this list
@ 2005-08-02 12:14 ` Dima Sorkin
From: Dima Sorkin @ 2005-08-02 12:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hi.
 Does this list suppresses all messages with attachments ?
I have payed attention that each time that I have attached a file
to a message, it didn't arrived to the list.
 Thank you.
 Dima.

* Re: sending messages to this list
@ 2005-08-02 17:30 ` Ian Lance Taylor
From: Ian Lance Taylor @ 2005-08-02 17:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dima Sorkin; +Cc: gcc-help

Dima Sorkin <dsorkin@techunix.technion.ac.il> writes:

>  I have tried to send a message to this list from
> my account at gmail.com, and it didn't arrive to list.
> Why can it be? I am subscribed to the list from that
> account too.

Most likely it was rejected as spam.  In that case, you may have
received an automatic bounce message.  Unfortunately those bounce
messages themselves tend to be rejected as spam on the sender's side.

Whether you are subscribed to the list or not does not matter.

Ian

* Re: traits of this list
@ 2005-08-02 17:33   ` Ian Lance Taylor
From: Ian Lance Taylor @ 2005-08-02 17:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dima Sorkin; +Cc: gcc-help

Dima Sorkin <dima.sorkin@gmail.com> writes:

>  Does this list suppresses all messages with attachments ?

No.

> I have payed attention that each time that I have attached a file
> to a message, it didn't arrived to the list.

Make sure you use the right MIME type.  The system will automatically
reject messages with attachments with certain MIME types.  For
example, messages with application/ms-tnef attachments, or messages
with attachments of filenames ending in .exe, are silently discarded.

Ian