* how gcc determine the location of lib
@ 2003-11-11 10:13 Zhendong Zhou (Kyle)
From: Zhendong Zhou (Kyle) @ 2003-11-11 10:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hi,
I am new to gcc.
Just wonder how gcc determine where libraries are located?
I know there are some system directories which is determined at configure stage when installing gcc. How can I know what is the system directories for an existing system.
Thanks
Kyle

* Re: how gcc determine the location of lib
@ 2003-11-11 17:36 ` Ian Lance Taylor
From: Ian Lance Taylor @ 2003-11-11 17:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zhendong Zhou (Kyle); +Cc: gcc-help

"Zhendong Zhou \(Kyle\)" <zhouzhendong@hotmail.com> writes:

> Just wonder how gcc determine where libraries are located?
> I know there are some system directories which is determined at configure stage when installing gcc. How can I know what is the system directories for an existing system.

gcc -print-search-dirs

Documented here:
    http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc-3.3.2/gcc/Debugging-Options.html

Ian