* compiling/linking with an alternate libc
@ 2002-06-07  9:59 Paul Jarc
From: Paul Jarc @ 2002-06-07  9:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

I have a rather unusual GNU/Linux system, with an extra installation
of glibc in a nonstandard path.  To build something against that
glibc, I've specified -I, -L, -Wl,-R, and -Wl,--dynamic-linker.  But I
think I also need to tell gcc where to find crt*.o.  How do I do that?
I gather I'd use a spec file, but I don't know what it should look
like.  Is there anything else I've missed?

For most packages, I can add these arguments in a gcc wrapper script
which appears before the real gcc in my $PATH.  But this doesn't work
for gcc itself, due to bootstrapping.  How do I pass all the necessary
options to gcc's build system?

paul

only message in thread, other threads:[~2002-06-07 16:59 UTC | newest]