* Re: [Fwd: Arm cross compiler: Error]
       [not found] <3BB40769.201278D6@wipro.com>
@ 2001-09-28  2:59 ` Nick Clifton
From: Nick Clifton @ 2001-09-28  2:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sivashankar nagappan; +Cc: gcc, 'gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org'

Hi Nagappan,

>     I have built GCC cross compiler for arm and tried to use it.
> When I compile a program with -c, -s options the object file and
> assembly files are created respectively. But when I try to make
> the executable it prompts me an error saying unable to find crt0.o
> and the ld exits with 1 as return status. May anyone help me in
> finding what would be wrong in the building the cross compiler.

It sounds like you need a C library :-)  crt0.o is the C run time
startup file.  Try downloading and building newlib, a simple C library
implementation intened for embedded apps:

  http://sources.redhat.com/newlib/

or GNUlibc - a full featured C library implementation:

  http://sources.redhat.com/glibc/

Cheers
        Nick

only message in thread, other threads:[~2001-09-28  2:59 UTC | newest]