* Can I get rid of LTO information from a LIB?
@ 2011-08-05 15:18 PcX
From: PcX @ 2011-08-05 15:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hi, all

     If I use "-flto" to build one library, the library usually becomes
very large.
     Now I want to remove the lto information to release it, but don't
want to rebuild the lib.
     How can I do this?

     Thanks.
--
Best Regards,
PcX

* Re: Can I get rid of LTO information from a LIB?
@ 2011-08-05 16:37 ` Ian Lance Taylor
From: Ian Lance Taylor @ 2011-08-05 16:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: PcX; +Cc: gcc-help

PcX <xunxun1982@gmail.com> writes:

>     If I use "-flto" to build one library, the library usually becomes
> very large.
>     Now I want to remove the lto information to release it, but don't
> want to rebuild the lib.
>     How can I do this?

You can use objcopy -R to remove the LTO sections.  They are ones whose
names start with .gnu.lto.  You can use objdump -h to see the section
names.

Ian