* mode of CONST_INT
@ 2010-03-18 13:29 Rajiv KI
From: Rajiv KI @ 2010-03-18 13:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hi all,

I have one doubt to clarify :

Mode of RTL expression 'CONST_INT' is VOIDmode. Is there any way i can make
its mode to SImode or any other mode even.

I have tried PUT_MODE macro.As CONST_INT has only one operand as 'w' (wide
integer).I think due to that It was not effective.

Please help me in resolving this.

Rajiv.

* Re: mode of CONST_INT
@ 2010-03-19 15:50 ` Ian Lance Taylor
From: Ian Lance Taylor @ 2010-03-19 15:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rajiv KI; +Cc: gcc-help

Rajiv KI <rajivkumarsingla@gmx.com> writes:

> Mode of RTL expression 'CONST_INT' is VOIDmode. Is there any way i can make
> its mode to SImode or any other mode even.
>
> I have tried PUT_MODE macro.As CONST_INT has only one operand as 'w' (wide
> integer).I think due to that It was not effective.
>
> Please help me in resolving this.

By definition CONST_INT rtxes have no mode.  They take on whatever
mode the context requires.  This is indeed awkward in some cases, and
sometimes requires maintaining the mode separately.

Ian

* Re: mode of CONST_INT
@ 2010-03-22  8:06   ` Rajiv KI
From: Rajiv KI @ 2010-03-22  8:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Ian Lance Taylor-3 wrote:

> Rajiv KI <rajivkumarsingla@gmx.com> writes:
>
>> Mode of RTL expression 'CONST_INT' is VOIDmode. Is there any way i can
>> make
>> its mode to SImode or any other mode even.
>>
>> I have tried PUT_MODE macro.As CONST_INT has only one operand as 'w'
>> (wide
>> integer).I think due to that It was not effective.
>>
>> Please help me in resolving this.
>
> By definition CONST_INT rtxes have no mode.  They take on whatever
> mode the context requires.  This is indeed awkward in some cases, and
> sometimes requires maintaining the mode separately.
>
> Ian

Hi,

Ya its really not fine that it takes whatever mode.

Please tell is there any way in gcc by which i can separately maintain mode
of 'CONST_INT' RTX.

Rajiv.

* Re: mode of CONST_INT
@ 2010-03-23  3:27     ` Ian Lance Taylor
From: Ian Lance Taylor @ 2010-03-23  3:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rajiv KI; +Cc: gcc-help

Rajiv KI <rajivkumarsingla@gmx.com> writes:

> Ian Lance Taylor-3 wrote:
>>
>> By definition CONST_INT rtxes have no mode.  They take on whatever
>> mode the context requires.  This is indeed awkward in some cases, and
>> sometimes requires maintaining the mode separately.
>>
>> Ian
>>

> Ya its really not fine that it takes whatever mode.
>
> Please tell is there any way in gcc by which i can separately maintain mode
> of 'CONST_INT' RTX.

You have to provide a mode for any case where you might see a
CONST_INT.  The gcc middle-end and backends already does this, because
they must.

Ian