* Why --disable-libmudflap is undocumented?
@ 2010-12-05  2:09 Tadeus "Eus" Prastowo
From: Tadeus "Eus" Prastowo @ 2010-12-05  2:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi!

I have been trying to obtain the documentation for --disable-libmudflap
in GCC configuration switch manual as well as by googling.

But, the closest I can get is this post sent 3 years ago without any
reply:
http://old.nabble.com/Configuration-Document---disable-libmudflap-td9050190.html

May I know why --disable-libmudflap is undocumented despite its definite
use in building cross compilers?

Thank you.

--
Best regards,
Eus (FSF member #4445)

In this digital era, where computing technology is pervasive, your
freedom depends on the software controlling those computing devices.

Join free software movement today! It is free as in freedom, not as in
free beer!

Join: http://www.fsf.org/

* Re: Why --disable-libmudflap is undocumented?
@ 2010-12-07  0:49 ` Ian Lance Taylor
From: Ian Lance Taylor @ 2010-12-07  0:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Tadeus \"Eus\" Prastowo" <0x657573@googlemail.com> writes:

> I have been trying to obtain the documentation for --disable-libmudflap
> in GCC configuration switch manual as well as by googling.
>
> But, the closest I can get is this post sent 3 years ago without any
> reply:
> http://old.nabble.com/Configuration-Document---disable-libmudflap-td9050190.html
>
> May I know why --disable-libmudflap is undocumented despite its definite
> use in building cross compilers?

It's an oversight.

It should be documented in gcc/doc/install.texi, along with
--disable-libssp, etc.

Ian