* Re: detecting when an option is not available
       [not found] ` <mcrfwa1gk4c.fsf@dhcp-172-18-216-180.mtv.corp.google.com>
@ 2012-06-12  7:02   ` Andreas Schwab
From: Andreas Schwab @ 2012-06-12  7:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Ian Lance Taylor <iant@google.com> writes:

> The trick to find out if a -Wno- option is supported is to force a
> compiler error.  E.g.,

The trick to find out if a -Wno- option is supported is to check if the
positive form is accepted.  See ACX_PROG_CC_WARNING_OPTS.

Andreas.

--
Andreas Schwab, schwab@linux-m68k.org

* Re: detecting when an option is not available
@ 2012-06-12 20:44     ` Ian Lance Taylor
From: Ian Lance Taylor @ 2012-06-12 20:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andreas Schwab; +Cc: gcc-help

Andreas Schwab <schwab@linux-m68k.org> writes:

> Ian Lance Taylor <iant@google.com> writes:
>
>> The trick to find out if a -Wno- option is supported is to force a
>> compiler error.  E.g.,
>
> The trick to find out if a -Wno- option is supported is to check if the
> positive form is accepted.  See ACX_PROG_CC_WARNING_OPTS.

That does seems simpler.  Thanks.

Ian

* detecting when an option is not available
@ 2012-06-12  5:49 Vincent Torri
From: Vincent Torri @ 2012-06-12  5:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hello,

I would like to know if there is a way to know if a warning option like
-Wno-initializer-overrides is supported or not by gcc. My purpose is to write
an m4 macro that checks if an option is supported or not by a compiler.

thank you

Vincent Torri