* dwarf2 error
@ 2011-06-01 11:09 naga raj
From: naga raj @ 2011-06-01 11:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hi,

   I have ported Gcc-4.6 to an embedded target. I have made dwarf2
debugging information as default.

   My error is that my GDB is unable to display local variables of
main function in one of my application program.

   It is giving error as -------> Could not find the frame base for "main".

  But it has all the frame information correctly and backtrace command
in gdb is also working fine.

  The same application program is displaying local variables with
Dwarf3 debugging information.

  I have debugged it an came to know that my GCC generating wrong
loc_ptr address so as a result it is generating that error print
statement.

 Is it a bug or my assumption is wrong??

Thanks in advance,
Nagaraju