On Mar 8, 2000, greg zhang wrote: > To a normal project(I mean exe module), I can do it > with just removing libstdc++.so.2.8.1.1., gcc will > link libstdc++.a archive file automaticlly. > Text relocation remains reference file > against symbol > ..../XXX.o > fprintf ..../XXX.o > ld: fatal: relocation remains against allocatable but > non-writable sections. > I don't know how to fix it? You'd have to compile all objects of the static libstdc++ with -fPIC to be able to link a shared library with it. -- Alexandre Oliva http://www.ic.unicamp.br/~oliva/ Enjoy Guaraná Cygnus Solutions, a Red Hat company aoliva@{redhat, cygnus}.com Free Software Developer and Evangelist CS PhD student at IC-Unicamp oliva@{lsd.ic.unicamp.br, gnu.org} Write to mailing lists, not to me