* Re: Re: Milliseconds on DOS
@ 2001-05-01 22:25 Daniel Finol
From: Daniel Finol @ 2001-05-01 22:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gcc

Alexandre Oliva wrote:

>This is a message from the linker, not from the compiler, and it
>indicates the C library (which is not part of the compiler either)
>doesn't contain the functions you called.  I don't know which C
>library you're using, so it's hard to tell which function to
>recommend.

Thanks to Alexandre for his answer but I still have some questions (I'm new
to GNU software, I'm Borland C++ 3.1 user):

- G77 is a compiler and linker all in one isn't it? (I'm using the GNU G77
version 0.5.19, it comes with the EMX Dos extender)

- What do C libraries have to do with this? Is G77 "just" a Fortran-2-C +
C-Compiler? In any case I'm using (or trying to use) the libraries that come
with the G77 package (the .a files in the lib directory).

- The g77_info-8 file describes the Date_and_Time routine, doesn't that mean
that it is part of the package?

Thanks again to Alexandre and to any one who can give me further help.

* Re: Milliseconds on DOS
@ 2001-05-02 19:58 ` Alexandre Oliva
From: Alexandre Oliva @ 2001-05-02 19:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniel Finol; +Cc: help-gcc

On May  2, 2001, "Daniel Finol" <danielfinol@hotmail.com> wrote:

> - G77 is a compiler and linker all in one isn't it?

Nope.  G77 is a compilation driver that runs f771 (the actual fortran
compiler), as (the assembler) and ld/collect-ld (the linker).

> - What do C libraries have to do with this?

Sorry.  I had missed the fact that you were talking about fortran.

Anyway, I believe the fortran library is built atop the C library.
But I know nothing of fortran, so I have no idea of which functions
are available to manipulate time.

> - The g77_info-8 file describes the Date_and_Time routine, doesn't
> that mean that it is part of the package?

Presumably, yes.

* Re: Milliseconds on DOS
@ 2001-05-01 18:06 ` Alexandre Oliva
From: Alexandre Oliva @ 2001-05-01 18:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniel Finol; +Cc: help-gcc

On Apr 30, 2001, "Daniel Finol" <danielfinol@hotmail.com> wrote:

>   I'm using G77 on a DOS box under Windows98.  I need to measure time
>   in milliseconds.  But neither MClock, MCLock8, System_Clock,
>   Date_and_Time nor times is recognized by the compiler (I get the
>   "undefined symbol" error).

This is a message from the linker, not from the compiler, and it
indicates the C library (which is not part of the compiler either)
doesn't contain the functions you called.  I don't know which C
library you're using, so it's hard to tell which function to
recommend.

* Milliseconds on DOS
@ 2001-04-30  6:45 Daniel Finol
From: Daniel Finol @ 2001-04-30  6:45 UTC (permalink / raw)