* How do I link libraries with g++...
@ 2000-05-28  7:33 Hendrix
From: Hendrix @ 2000-05-28  7:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc, gcc-help

Hi guys...

I'm trying to use the Mesa (OpenGL) with g++ to develop graphics
applications, but I have no idea how to link the Mesa and Glut libraries
to my program (test.c}....  I've downloaded sample code utilizing header
files and libraries from both Mesa and Glut, but I can't compile the
sample code...  I'm thinking I need to link the libraries into the
source file, but I have no idea how to do this with g++...   Any help
will be greatly appreciated...  Thanks...

Sincerely,
Trevor...

P.S.  I have already successfully installed Mesa from source, and Glut
from RPM...

* Re: How do I link libraries with g++...
@ 2000-05-28  8:17 ` Martin v. Loewis
From: Martin v. Loewis @ 2000-05-28  8:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: tgjp; +Cc: gcc-help

> I'm trying to use the Mesa (OpenGL) with g++ to develop graphics
> applications, but I have no idea how to link the Mesa and Glut libraries
> to my program (test.c}....  I've downloaded sample code utilizing header
> files and libraries from both Mesa and Glut, but I can't compile the
> sample code...  I'm thinking I need to link the libraries into the
> source file, but I have no idea how to do this with g++...   Any help
> will be greatly appreciated...  Thanks...

Please have a look at the gcc(1) manual page, or the section "Invoking
GCC" of the GCC manual; it explains all options of gcc in detail. Take
particular notice of the -l option.

If you still have problems, please report exactly what you did (in
terms of typing commands at the Unix shell), what the output of the
system was, and what you think should have happened instead.

Regards,
Martin

* Re: How do I link libraries with g++...
@ 2000-05-28  8:29 ` Alexandre Oliva
From: Alexandre Oliva @ 2000-05-28  8:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Hendrix; +Cc: gcc, gcc-help