* Not finding lstdc++
@ 2001-08-02  7:42 Telmo Ricardo Lopes Alberto
From: Telmo Ricardo Lopes Alberto @ 2001-08-02  7:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hello, I was running make to compile an application, and it builds all the
.o files, and then when it runs "ld" there comes this error:

ld -lstdc++
ld: fatal: library -lstdc++: not found
ld: fatal: File processing errors.

How can i set this location, so that ld works? I can't find libstdc++.so,
but there's libstdc++.a , how do I "tell" ld where to find it, is there any
environment variable that needs to be set?

Thanks,
Telmo

P.S: I can't subscribe the mailing list, so please send answers to
alberto.telmo@netc.pt

* Re: Not finding lstdc++
@ 2001-08-02 11:00 ` aoliva
From: aoliva @ 2001-08-02 11:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Telmo Ricardo Lopes Alberto; +Cc: gcc-help

On Aug  2, 2001, "Telmo Ricardo Lopes Alberto" <alberto.telmo@netc.pt> wrote:

> ld -lstdc++
> ld: fatal: library -lstdc++: not found
> ld: fatal: File processing errors.

> How can i set this location, so that ld works?

You have to pass a -L flag to the linker so that it looks for
libraries there.  There is a default search path but, IIRC, you have
to rebuild ld to change it.

If you use gcc instead of ld for linking, GCC will pass the right
flags to the linker.