* info request
@ 2001-08-26  9:32 Einat Kra-Oz - Israel
From: Einat Kra-Oz - Israel @ 2001-08-26  9:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org'

hi
1) where can i get man pages for GCC, to install on my AIX 4.2 PowerPC
system?
2) what is the option for specifing alignment of structures, when using GCC
on the above system?
thanks!! Einat.

* Re: info request
@ 2001-08-31  5:41 ` Alexandre Oliva
From: Alexandre Oliva @ 2001-08-31  5:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Einat Kra-Oz - Israel; +Cc: 'gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org'

On Aug 26, 2001, Einat Kra-Oz - Israel <EinatK@gilat.com> wrote:

> 1) where can i get man pages for GCC, to install on my AIX 4.2 PowerPC
> system?

They come with the GCC sources, but the recommended documentation is
not man-pages, but info files.  In GCC 3.0, the man-pages are
generated from info files, so they are more complete, but they are
still a much shorter version of the real thing.

> 2) what is the option for specifing alignment of structures, when using GCC
> on the above system?

I'm not even sure whether such an option exists.  If there is one, GCC
3.0's manual should tell.