* builtin_va_start error !
@ 2001-07-18 23:51 S, Saravanan (Saravanan)
From: S, Saravanan (Saravanan) @ 2001-07-18 23:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org'

Hello,

We get this error when using
gcc 2.95.2 on an HP-UX system 10.20 :
/bin/ld: Unsatisfied symbols: __builtin_va_start (code).

This problem is preventing the linking of our package.
We have tried to search for the existence of this
symbol in every library file we could.
We are linking our package using the following libraries/options
-lgcc , -lcma , -lX11, -lm
Why is this error turning up and which library would this symbol
be associated with ? We know that this arises due to the
inclusion of stdargs.h in one of our files ....

Thanks and regards,
S Saravanan

* Re: builtin_va_start error !
@ 2001-07-23 22:10 ` Alexandre Oliva
From: Alexandre Oliva @ 2001-07-23 22:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: S, Saravanan (Saravanan); +Cc: 'gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org'

On Jul 19, 2001, "S, Saravanan (Saravanan)" <ssaravanan@lucent.com> wrote:

> Hello,
> We get this error when using
> gcc 2.95.2 on an HP-UX system 10.20 :
> /bin/ld: Unsatisfied symbols: __builtin_va_start (code).

This is supposed to be a macro in GCC 2.95.2.  Sometimes, when a
translation unit #includes both <stdarg.h> and <varargs.h>, this kind
of error shows up.