* Unresolved symbol on dec OSF 4 with gcc 2.95.2.3
@ 2001-03-30  9:16 Brother Tuck
From: Brother Tuck @ 2001-03-30  9:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help, gcc

Hi,

I have compiled gcc 2.95.2.3 on dec osf4 with binutils 2.10.1.
And now, I try to build a complex project using STL. The compil time is ok
but at link time I get already the following
---
message./usr/bin/ld:
Error: Undefined:
string_char_traits<char>::compare(char const *, char const *, unsigned long)
ostream::operator<<(ostream &(*)(ostream &))
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
---

I have try to find it in my libstdc++.a library and those symbols exist. I
have used the flag '-fsquangle' due to some 'asm' problem.
My gcc has been compiled the first time using the gcc 2.7.2 and now I try to
compile it again without binutils support and using the C native compiler.
If someone can help me ?
I have the same problem on solaris 2.6...

Regards,
Emmanuel Soden

* Re: Unresolved symbol on dec OSF 4 with gcc 2.95.2.3
@ 2001-03-30 10:16 ` Alexandre Oliva
From: Alexandre Oliva @ 2001-03-30 10:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Brother Tuck; +Cc: gcc-help, gcc

On Mar 30, 2001, "Brother Tuck" <brothertuck72@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I have try to find it in my libstdc++.a library and those symbols
> exist. I have used the flag '-fsquangle' due to some 'asm' problem.

Did you build libstdc++.a with -fsquangle too?  -fsquangle changes the
way symbols are mangled, so you must compile all object files and
libraries you're going to link together using this option.