On Mar 27, 2000, Avi Green wrote: > p.s. After I installed v3, I found that > /usr/lib/libstdc++-libc6.1-1.so.2 had been removed. I couldn't find > any reference to that file in the v3 source tree, but it could have > been wiped by one of the 2.95.2 RPMs. You should certainly arrange for this file not to be removed, even if you upgrade libstdc++. Did you upgrade libstdc++ using RPM? There must be a way to arrange for it to upgrade a package without removing the previous version's libraries. -- Alexandre Oliva Enjoy Guaraná, see http://www.ic.unicamp.br/~oliva/ Cygnus Solutions, a Red Hat company aoliva@{redhat, cygnus}.com Free Software Developer and Evangelist CS PhD student at IC-Unicamp oliva@{lsd.ic.unicamp.br, gnu.org} Write to mailing lists, not to me