* How to generate a standalone windows executable from gcc on cygwin?
@ 2003-03-06  5:13 none
From: none @ 2003-03-06  5:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

I am using gcc 3.2 20020927 on Cygwin on Win2K
(actually g++). The code uses only standard file I/O
in stdio.h and some other C standard libraries. How do
I generate a standalone executable that would run on
someone else's Win XP system who does not have cygwin
installed himself?

* Re: How to generate a standalone windows executable from gcc on cygwin?
@ 2003-03-06  5:19 ` Oscar Fuentes
From: Oscar Fuentes @ 2003-03-06  5:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help; +Cc: lewisstiller

none <lewisstiller@yahoo.com> writes:

> I am using gcc 3.2 20020927 on Cygwin on Win2K
> (actually g++). The code uses only standard file I/O
> in stdio.h and some other C standard libraries. How do
> I generate a standalone executable that would run on
> someone else's Win XP system who does not have cygwin
> installed himself?

try passing --mno-cygwin to the compiler and linker or just go to
www.ming.org and download a gcc that always produces native win32
applications.

--
Oscar