* gcc 3.4.0 testsuit gives over 5000 g++ errors
@ 2004-05-02 15:31 Paul C. Leopardi
From: Paul C. Leopardi @ 2004-05-02 15:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hi all,
I've run the gcc test suite for the first time today, for gcc 3.4.0.
See http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-testresults/2004-05/msg00080.html
There were over 5000 g++ errors. With this many errors, I must have configured
something wrong. Where do I start in diagnosing the problem?

Usually the root cause of this sort of catastrophic error turns out to be that
I didn't read something crucial in the documentation, that I interpreted the
documentation differently from the author's intent, or that the author
assumed something which does not apply to me (like how much I know).

So which was it?
Thanks

* Re: gcc 3.4.0 testsuit gives over 5000 g++ errors
@ 2004-05-02 23:48 ` llewelly
From: llewelly @ 2004-05-02 23:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Paul C. Leopardi; +Cc: gcc-help

"Paul C. Leopardi" <leopardi@bigpond.net.au> writes:

> Hi all,
> I've run the gcc test suite for the first time today, for gcc 3.4.0.
> See http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-testresults/2004-05/msg00080.html
> There were over 5000 g++ errors. With this many errors, I must have configured
> something wrong. Where do I start in diagnosing the problem?

Double-check your dejagnu, tcl and expect versions. Unfortunately, I
    can't find the required versions in the docs. :-(

I have expect 5.38, tcl 8.3, and dejagnu 1.4.3 installed, and I had
    no difficulties running the 3.4.0 testsuite on fbsd5.2 .

The odd thing which strikes me is that you have 5000+ C++ failures,
    but 2647 libstdc++ successes. If g++ can compile libstdc++ & test
    cases correctly, why does it fail nearly all C++ core tests? I
    don't know.