* Build configuration for most compact output
@ 2004-05-08  0:25 John Gonzaga
From: John Gonzaga @ 2004-05-08  0:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

I'm trying to reduce code size and I'm wondering besides the
optimizations flags, what combination of other flags, either in
building the toolchain or command line, that will result in the most
compact output. No dead code, no debug info, etc, just the code that is
required to do the operation of my application. Thanks.

-John G-

* Re: Build configuration for most compact output
@ 2004-05-11  4:29 ` llewelly
From: llewelly @ 2004-05-11  4:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: John Gonzaga; +Cc: gcc-help

John Gonzaga <jgonzaga@pnicorp.com> writes:

> I'm trying to reduce code size and I'm wondering besides the
> optimizations flags, what combination of other flags, either in
> building the toolchain or command line, that will result in the most
> compact output. No dead code, no debug info, etc, just the code that
> is required to do the operation of my application. Thanks.

-ffunction-sections --gc-sections *may* help. (It doesn't always help,
     so do some experiments.)