* gcc install
@ 2004-10-29  4:56 Michael Reynolds
From: Michael Reynolds @ 2004-10-29  4:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hi,

Is there a short tutorial on how to install Window's
version of gcc on an x86 machine?

thanks for your help

Mike

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

* gcc install
@ 2004-04-18 11:51 anissi
From: anissi @ 2004-04-18 11:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hi

I am a new user to linux and as a experiment want to compile  kernel2.6
But says it need gcc for compile.please guide me how install Gcc in details,
if possible.thank you

* gcc install
@ 2004-04-18 11:51 anissi
From: anissi @ 2004-04-18 11:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

@ 2000-10-29  9:04 Ivan
From: Ivan @ 2000-10-29  9:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hello,

I am trying to get gcc (actually i think g++ is what I really want) on my
machine.

I tried the RPM route, but the dependicies seem to be endless. Thus I am taking
my first shot at the tar.bz2 method.

I put the archive in $HOME/gcc. Then I unpacked and extracted it in the same.

The helpp files say to build it in a seperate directory, thus I created
$HOME/gcc.configured

cd $HOME/gcc.configured

$HOME/gcc/gcc-2.95/configure
>Config.guess failed to determine the host type.  You need to specify one.

$HOME/gcc/gcc2.95/configure host=i586-pc-linux-gnu (and everyother thing listed
in the successfull builds)
>Invalid configuration `host=i586-glibc20-linux': machine `host=i586-glibc20' not recognized

The only thing that partially succeeds is if i use host=localhost, but then the
make, make install routine doesn't install the thing.

Is there a problem with the Host?  or is this wrong:

[root@localhost gcc.configured]# make
[root@localhost gcc.configured]#make intstall

Did  screw up the installation process?  I have distant rumblings in my mind of
make config or the like.....

If this is better suited for the newbie list, please flame me off list, I like
my punishment in privacy!!!  ;^)

Thanks,
Ivan