* GCC Testsuite with static libs
@ 2010-04-09 20:35 NightStrike
From: NightStrike @ 2010-04-09 20:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

I'm having a bear of a time running the testsuite with shared
libraries for mingw-w64.  So to sidestep that for now so that I can at
least get a run completed, I want to compile all statically.  How do I
do that?  I'm assuming I have to pass something into RUNTESTFLAGS, but
I Don't know what.  The one giving me the most trouble is g++, if it
matters.

* Re: GCC Testsuite with static libs
@ 2010-09-03  1:40 ` NightStrike
From: NightStrike @ 2010-09-03  1:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

On Fri, Apr 9, 2010 at 4:34 PM, NightStrike <nightstrike@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm having a bear of a time running the testsuite with shared
> libraries for mingw-w64.  So to sidestep that for now so that I can at
> least get a run completed, I want to compile all statically.  How do I
> do that?  I'm assuming I have to pass something into RUNTESTFLAGS, but
> I Don't know what.  The one giving me the most trouble is g++, if it
> matters.

I never got any replies on this.  Does anyone know?

* Re: GCC Testsuite with static libs
@ 2010-10-23  0:08   ` Michael Eager
From: Michael Eager @ 2010-10-23  0:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: NightStrike; +Cc: gcc-help

NightStrike wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 9, 2010 at 4:34 PM, NightStrike <nightstrike@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I'm having a bear of a time running the testsuite with shared
>> libraries for mingw-w64.  So to sidestep that for now so that I can at
>> least get a run completed, I want to compile all statically.  How do I
>> do that?  I'm assuming I have to pass something into RUNTESTFLAGS, but
>> I Don't know what.  The one giving me the most trouble is g++, if it
>> matters.
>>

> I never got any replies on this.  Does anyone know?

You can specify the options in the target configuration file:

   #  Linker options
   set_board_info ldflags          "-static"

Alternately, you can pass in options with runtest's
--tool_opts option:

   make RUNTESTFLAGS="--tool_opts '-static'" check

--
Michael Eager	 eager@eagercon.com
1960 Park Blvd., Palo Alto, CA 94306  650-325-8077