* g++ man pages
@ 2002-12-22  8:27 umapathy
From: umapathy @ 2002-12-22  8:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

hi,
	I am badly searching for some man pages like docs for g++.  My system
is RH7.3 and my gcc version is 2.96 which came with that distro.  I
tried to google also, but couldnt get useful info.  May be I couldnt
came up with correct search string.

	thanks in advance for the help and time

regards
Umapathy

* Re: g++ man pages
@ 2002-12-22 10:33 ` umapathy
From: umapathy @ 2002-12-22 10:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

No I was not clear with my question.
I am searching for some basic explanations of the STL which has been
implemented for g++.  I know its part of libstdc++, but dont know the
appropriate newsgroup.  May be someone in this group know the answer, so
please guide me on this.

Umapathy

--
umapathy <nsupathy@myrealbox.com>

* gcc 3.2
@ 2002-12-22 13:58   ` Geoffrey
From: Geoffrey @ 2002-12-22 13:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Recent upgrade to Mandrake 9.0 brought with it gcc 3.2.  Now I'm finding
all kinds of software that compiled fine with 2.9? will not compile with
3.2.  memtest86 and speechtools 1.2.2 for festival are two examples.

Anyone else having such problems?  Is it the code or the compiler?

--
Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric@3times25.net

Think about it...

* Re: gcc 3.2
@ 2002-12-22 18:18     ` Alexander Helm
From: Alexander Helm @ 2002-12-22 18:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Geoffrey; +Cc: gcc-help

Hi Geoffrey,

mostly it's the code (missing "std::cout" or "using namespace std;").

Furthermore 3.2 is more standard compliant thus resulting in error
messages not thrown whilest using 2.9x.

AFAIK there are some small FAQs around and at least some information on
gcc.gnu.org

	CU
	Alexander

@ 2002-12-23  1:32   ` LLeweLLyn Reese
From: LLeweLLyn Reese @ 2002-12-23  1:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: umapathy; +Cc: gcc-help

umapathy <nsupathy@myrealbox.com> writes:

> No I was not clear with my question.
> I am searching for some basic explanations of the STL which has been
> implemented for g++.  I know its part of libstdc++, but dont know the
> appropriate newsgroup.  May be someone in this group know the answer, so
> please guide me on this.

There were no docs for the stl that shipped with 2.96 (so far as I
know.) Docs for the new libstdc++-v3 (*not* the libstdc++ you mention)
that comes with gcc 3.2 are http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/libstdc++/documentation.html