* GCC 3.2.2
@ 2003-04-26 14:18 zippo
From: zippo @ 2003-04-26 14:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hi,
	I am trying to install Glibc-2.3.2 on a redhat system, i updated Gcc to
gcc-3.2.2 however i think i didn't do it correctly. I didi a simple
$>mkdir src
$>cd src
$>objdir/configure
$>make
:root
$>make install

i have a fresh install of redhat 7.3. and i really need help, i am
running linux kernel 2.4.18 and Glibc-2.2.5. i am not quit sure but i
think i need to compile it with a few more things. But have no clue were
to start. If a good hearted person would spend a little time helping me
i would be most thank-ful. Well thanks for everything. Zippo

* Re: GCC 3.2.2
@ 2003-04-26 15:05 ` Oscar Fuentes
From: Oscar Fuentes @ 2003-04-26 15:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

zippo <zippo752001@attbi.com> writes:

> Hi,
> 	I am trying to install Glibc-2.3.2 on a redhat system, i updated Gcc to
> gcc-3.2.2 however i think i didn't do it correctly. I didi a simple

What build didn't work? glibc or gcc? As glibc is off-topic for this
list, I assume you are talking about gcc.

> $>mkdir src
> $>cd src
> $>objdir/configure

What's this? Why are you creating a 'src' directory? The instructions
recommends to create a directory for the *objects*:

$> mkdir obj
$> cd obj
$> <directory where gcc3.2.2 is>/configure

> $>make

As the instructions says, you should use 'make bootstrap'

--
Oscar

* Re: GCC 3.2.2
@ 2003-04-27  0:29 ` LLeweLLyn Reese
From: LLeweLLyn Reese @ 2003-04-27  0:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zippo; +Cc: gcc-help

zippo <zippo752001@attbi.com> writes:

> Hi,
> 	I am trying to install Glibc-2.3.2 on a redhat system, i updated Gcc to
> gcc-3.2.2 however i think i didn't do it correctly.

It would be easier to help you if you would explain why you think
    something went wrong. Specifically, if you got any error messages
    from the commands below, please paste them into your next message.

> I didi a simple
> $>mkdir src
> $>cd src
> $>objdir/configure

Please note that by default configure will use a prefix of /usr/local,
    which will result in executables being installed into
    /usr/local/bin, libs into /usr/local/lib, and so forth.

> $>make

This part is not correct for gcc. gcc requires 'make bootstrap'.

@ 2007-07-21 16:26 ` Holger Blasum
From: Holger Blasum @ 2007-07-21 16:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: syam prasad; +Cc: gcc-help

Hello Syam,

On Sat, Jul 21, 2007 at 07:02:25PM +0530, syam prasad wrote:
> Where can i downlaod gcc 3.2.2 . I serached in all mirrop sites, but
> failed to find it. Please help me.

e.g. ftp://ftp.fu-berlin.de/unix/languages/gcc/releases/gcc-3.2.2
(other mirrors listed at http://gcc.gnu.org/mirrors.html have the same
directory structure)

HTH,

--
Holger Blasum, Trainee Engineering, SYSGO AG
hbl (a t} sysgo.com -- www.sysgo.com

* gcc 3.2.2
@ 2007-07-21 13:32 syam prasad
From: syam prasad @ 2007-07-21 13:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hi,

I am facing with lot of issues with gcc 3.4.4 regarding .dll build.
Where can i downlaod gcc 3.2.2 . I serached in all mirrop sites, but
failed to find it. Please help me.

Regards,
syam.