* whethe can I specify the suffix of assembler file?
@ 2003-06-02  2:35 qinfeng.zhang
From: qinfeng.zhang @ 2003-06-02  2:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

When compiling a C source file, and terminate the compiler with option '-S',
for example :
      gcc -S foo.c
then the assembler file name is foo.s. If I want to use another suffix instead ".t",
what can I do? Is it useful to modify the CC1_SPEC and ASM_SPEC? I have tried, but
no effect.
Regards

Qinfeng Zhang

Optical Storage & Digital TV
Philips Research East Asia - Shanghai
38F Tower 1 office building
218 Tian Mu Xi Rd.
Shanghai, P.R.China 200070

Tel: (86-21) 6354 1088 Ext. 5356
Fax: (86-21) 6354 4954
Email: qinfeng.zhang@philips.com

* Re: whethe can I specify the suffix of assembler file?
@ 2003-06-02  3:49 ` LLeweLLyn Reese
From: LLeweLLyn Reese @ 2003-06-02  3:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: qinfeng.zhang; +Cc: gcc-help

qinfeng.zhang@philips.com writes:

> When compiling a C source file, and terminate the compiler with option '-S',
> for example :
>       gcc -S foo.c

gcc -S foo.c -o foo.t

-o is for specifying the name of the output file, see:
gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc-3.3/gcc/Overall-Options.html#Overall%20Options

and search for '-o'.

> then the assembler file name is foo.s. If I want to use another suffix instead ".t",
> what can I do? Is it useful to modify the CC1_SPEC and ASM_SPEC?

It isn't necessary. I don't know if it is useful.

> I have tried, but
> no effect.
[snip]

* Re: whethe can I specify the suffix of assembler file?
@ 2003-06-02  7:12 qinfeng.zhang
From: qinfeng.zhang @ 2003-06-02  7:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

I know how to generate object file with special file name throug command line,
but I want to replace the default suffix ".s" with  ".t" by modifying GCC target macro .
Regards

                                                          To:   Qinfeng Zhang/SHA/RESEARCH/PHILIPS@APAC
                                                          cc:   gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org
                                                          Subject:    Re: whethe can I specify the suffix of assembler file?

               LLeweLLyn Reese                            Classification:
               <llewelly@lifesupport.shutdown.
               com>

               Sent by:
               gcc-help-owner@gcc.gnu.org

               2003-06-02 11:46

qinfeng.zhang@philips.com writes:

> When compiling a C source file, and terminate the compiler with option '-S',
> for example :
>       gcc -S foo.c

gcc -S foo.c -o foo.t

-o is for specifying the name of the output file, see:
gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc-3.3/gcc/Overall-Options.html#Overall%20Options

and search for '-o'.

> then the assembler file name is foo.s. If I want to use another suffix instead ".t",
> what can I do? Is it useful to modify the CC1_SPEC and ASM_SPEC?

It isn't necessary. I don't know if it is useful.

> I have tried, but
> no effect.
[snip]