public inbox for gcc-prs@sourceware.org
From: nathan@gcc.gnu.org
To: nobody@gcc.gnu.org
Cc: gcc-prs@gcc.gnu.org
Subject: Re: c++/1631
Date: Sun, 01 Apr 2001 00:00:00 -0000	[thread overview]

The following reply was made to PR c++/1631; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: nathan@gcc.gnu.org
To: fsm@robots.ox.ac.uk, gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org, nobody@gcc.gnu.org
Date: 16 Jan 2001 16:30:11 -0000

 Synopsis: placement new broken for enumeration types

 State-Changed-From-To: open->analyzed
 State-Changed-By: nathan
 State-Changed-When: Tue Jan 16 08:30:11 2001
 State-Changed-Why:
     confirmed as a bug

 http://gcc.gnu.org/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?cmd=view&pr=1631&database=gcc
From: Richard Earnshaw <rearnsha@arm.com>
To: gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org
Subject: middle-end/1557: Regrename macro not documented
Date: Sun, 01 Apr 2001 00:00:00 -0000

>Number:         1557
>Category:       middle-end
>Synopsis:       Regrename macro not documented
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Responsible:    unassigned
>State:          open
>Class:          doc-bug
>Submitter-Id:   net
>Arrival-Date:   Fri Jan 05 03:26:02 PST 2001
>Closed-Date:
>Last-Modified:
>Originator:     Richard Earnshaw
>Release:        2.97 20010103 (experimental)
>Environment:
System: SunOS sun18 5.7 Generic_106541-11 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-5_10
Architecture: sun4

host: sparc-sun-solaris2.5.1
build: sparc-sun-solaris2.5.1
target: arm-unknown-elf
configured with: /home/rearnsha/gnusrc/egcs-cross/configure --target=arm-elf --with-headers=/home/rearnsha/gnusrc/utils/newlib/libc/include --prefix=/home/rearnsha/gnu/egcs/install/SunOS5 : (reconfigured)  : (reconfigured)  : (reconfigured)  : (reconfigured)  : (reconfigured) /home/rearnsha/gnusrc/egcs-cross/configure --with-gcc-version-trigger=/home/rearnsha/gnusrc/egcs-cross/gcc/version.c --host=sparc-sun-solaris2.5.1 --target=arm-elf --with-headers=/home/rearnsha/gnusrc/utils/newlib/libc/include --prefix=/home/rearnsha/gnu/egcs/install/SunOS5 : (reconfigured)  : (reconfigured)  : (reconfigured)  : (reconfigured)  : (reconfigured)  : (reconfigured)  : (reconfigured)  : (reconfigured)  : (reconfigured)  : (reconfigured)  : (reconfigured)  : (reconfigured)  : (reconfigured)  : (reconfigured)  : (reconfigured)  : (reconfigured)  : (reconfigured)  : (reconfigured)
	The macro

	HARD_REGNO_RENAME_OK(FROM,TO)

	which is used by the regrename pass is undocumented.

>How-To-Repeat:
	Read the documentation

>Fix:
	Document them.  The IA64 port has the following comments:

	/* A C expression that is nonzero if hard register number REGNO2 can be
	   considered for use as a rename register for REGNO1 */

	#define HARD_REGNO_RENAME_OK(REGNO1,REGNO2) ...

	/* Define this macro if the compiler should use extended basic blocks
	   when renaming registers.  Define this macro if the target has
	   predicate registers.  */

	#define RENAME_EXTENDED_BLOCKS

	However, the latter seems to be unused.

From: "Dave Korn" <davek-ml@ntlworld.com>
To: nobody@gcc.gnu.org
Cc: gcc-prs@gcc.gnu.org
Subject: Re: c/2371: Hang with long long function argument.
Date: Sun, 01 Apr 2001 00:00:00 -0000

The following reply was made to PR c/2371; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Dave Korn" <davek-ml@ntlworld.com>
To: <snowball3@bigfoot.com>,
	<gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org>
Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2001 06:45:55 +0100