public inbox for gcc-prs@sourceware.org
* java/1213
@ 2001-03-23 11:46 apbianco
From: apbianco @ 2001-03-23 11:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: apbianco; +Cc: gcc-prs

The following reply was made to PR java/1213; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: apbianco@gcc.gnu.org
To: gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org
Subject: java/1213
Date: 23 Mar 2001 19:42:27 -0000

 CVSROOT:	/cvs/gcc
 Module name:	gcc
 Changes by:	apbianco@gcc.gnu.org	2001-03-23 11:42:26

 Modified files:
 	gcc/java       : ChangeLog gcj.texi java-tree.h jcf-parse.c
 	                 jcf-reader.c jcf-write.c jcf.h lang-options.h
 	                 lang.c

 Log message:
 	2001-03-22  Alexandre Petit-Bianco  <apbianco@redhat.com>

 	* gcj.texi (Input Options): documented the check for attribute
 	`gnu.gcc.gccj-compiled' and the `-fforce-classes-archive-check' flag.
 	* java-tree.h (flag_force_classes_archive_check): Declared extern.
 	* jcf-parse.c (HANDLE_GCJCOMPILED_ATTRIBUTE): New macro.
 	(jcf_parse): Check for the right classes archive if necessary.
 	* jcf-reader.c (get_attribute): Define `MATCH_ATTRIBUTE' and use it.
 	(jcf_parse_fields): Fixed indentation.
 	* jcf-write.c (append_gcj_attribute): New function.
 	(generate_classfile): Compute the attribute count, invoke
 	`append_gcj_attribute'.
 	* jcf.h (typedef struct JCF): `seen_in_zip' and `java_source'
 	turned into bit fields. New bit field `right_zip.'
 	(JCF_ZERO): Set `right_zip' to zero.
 	* lang-options.h (-fforce-classes-archive-check): Added flag.
 	* lang.c (flag_force_classes_archive_check): New flag.
 	(lang_f_options): New entry `force-classes-archive-check.'
 	Fixes PR java/1213.

 	( http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2001-03/msg01662.html )

 Patches:
 http://gcc.gnu.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/gcc/gcc/java/ChangeLog.diff?cvsroot=gcc&r1=1.692&r2=1.693
 http://gcc.gnu.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/gcc/gcc/java/gcj.texi.diff?cvsroot=gcc&r1=1.7&r2=1.8
 http://gcc.gnu.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/gcc/gcc/java/java-tree.h.diff?cvsroot=gcc&r1=1.104&r2=1.105
 http://gcc.gnu.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/gcc/gcc/java/jcf-parse.c.diff?cvsroot=gcc&r1=1.82&r2=1.83
 http://gcc.gnu.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/gcc/gcc/java/jcf-reader.c.diff?cvsroot=gcc&r1=1.14&r2=1.15
 http://gcc.gnu.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/gcc/gcc/java/jcf-write.c.diff?cvsroot=gcc&r1=1.73&r2=1.74
 http://gcc.gnu.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/gcc/gcc/java/jcf.h.diff?cvsroot=gcc&r1=1.21&r2=1.22
 http://gcc.gnu.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/gcc/gcc/java/lang-options.h.diff?cvsroot=gcc&r1=1.23&r2=1.24
 http://gcc.gnu.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/gcc/gcc/java/lang.c.diff?cvsroot=gcc&r1=1.61&r2=1.62

* Re: java/1213
@ 2001-04-01  0:00 Bryce McKinlay
From: Bryce McKinlay @ 2001-04-01  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: apbianco; +Cc: gcc-prs

The following reply was made to PR java/1213; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Bryce McKinlay <bryce@waitaki.otago.ac.nz>
To: apbianco@gcc.gnu.org, gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org, tromey@cygnus.com
Subject: Re: java/1213
Date: Sat, 03 Mar 2001 16:18:22 +1300

  Synopsis: gcj should check for incorrect CLASSPATH

 > I have a patch, which rather relies on gcj setting a special
 > attribute "gnu.gcj.gcj-compiled" in Object.class and then
 > checking for it when java.lang.Object is read.
 >
 > The check isn't done if gcj is used to generate classfiles,
 > unless the flag `-fforce-classes-archive-check' is used.

 This patch seems to have slipped through the cracks and never gone in
 to cvs. I think it would be good to have this in the 3.0 branch, if
 only so it will save FAQs to the mailing list. Any reason not to check
 it in?

 regards

   [ bryce ]

 http://gcc.gnu.org/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?cmd=view&pr=1213&database=gcc

* Re: java/1213
@ 2001-03-27 12:56 apbianco
From: apbianco @ 2001-03-27 12:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: apbianco; +Cc: gcc-prs

The following reply was made to PR java/1213; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: apbianco@gcc.gnu.org
To: apbianco@gcc.gnu.org, gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org, tromey@cygnus.com
Date: 27 Mar 2001 20:51:40 -0000

 Synopsis: gcj should check for incorrect CLASSPATH

 State-Changed-From-To: feedback->closed
 State-Changed-By: apbianco
 State-Changed-When: Tue Mar 27 12:51:40 2001
 State-Changed-Why:
     I checked in a patch ( http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2001-03/msg01662.html )

 http://sources.redhat.com/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?cmd=view&pr=1213&database=gcc

* java/1213
@ 2001-03-23 11:46 apbianco
From: apbianco @ 2001-03-23 11:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: apbianco; +Cc: gcc-prs

The following reply was made to PR java/1213; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: apbianco@gcc.gnu.org
To: gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org
Date: 23 Mar 2001 19:43:46 -0000

 CVSROOT:	/cvs/gcc
 Module name:	gcc
 Branch: 	gcc-3_0-branch
 Changes by:	apbianco@gcc.gnu.org	2001-03-23 11:43:45

 	2001-03-23  Alexandre Petit-Bianco  <apbianco@redhat.com>

[...]

 http://gcc.gnu.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/gcc/gcc/java/ChangeLog.diff?cvsroot=gcc&only_with_tag=gcc-3_0-branch&r1=1.647.2.27&r2=1.647.2.28
 http://gcc.gnu.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/gcc/gcc/java/gcj.texi.diff?cvsroot=gcc&only_with_tag=gcc-3_0-branch&r1=1.5.2.1&r2=1.5.2.2
 http://gcc.gnu.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/gcc/gcc/java/java-tree.h.diff?cvsroot=gcc&only_with_tag=gcc-3_0-branch&r1=1.97.2.4&r2=1.97.2.5
 http://gcc.gnu.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/gcc/gcc/java/jcf-parse.c.diff?cvsroot=gcc&only_with_tag=gcc-3_0-branch&r1=1.76.2.5&r2=1.76.2.6
 http://gcc.gnu.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/gcc/gcc/java/jcf-reader.c.diff?cvsroot=gcc&only_with_tag=gcc-3_0-branch&r1=1.14&r2=1.14.4.1
 http://gcc.gnu.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/gcc/gcc/java/jcf-write.c.diff?cvsroot=gcc&only_with_tag=gcc-3_0-branch&r1=1.72.2.1&r2=1.72.2.2
 http://gcc.gnu.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/gcc/gcc/java/jcf.h.diff?cvsroot=gcc&only_with_tag=gcc-3_0-branch&r1=1.20.4.1&r2=1.20.4.2
 http://gcc.gnu.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/gcc/gcc/java/lang-options.h.diff?cvsroot=gcc&only_with_tag=gcc-3_0-branch&r1=1.22.4.1&r2=1.22.4.2
 http://gcc.gnu.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/gcc/gcc/java/lang.c.diff?cvsroot=gcc&only_with_tag=gcc-3_0-branch&r1=1.59.4.1&r2=1.59.4.2

* Re: java/1213
@ 2001-03-21 14:06 Alexandre Petit-Bianco
From: Alexandre Petit-Bianco @ 2001-03-21 14:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: apbianco; +Cc: gcc-prs

The following reply was made to PR java/1213; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Alexandre Petit-Bianco <apbianco@cygnus.com>
To: tromey@redhat.com
Cc: Bryce McKinlay <bryce@waitaki.otago.ac.nz>, gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 14:02:28 -0800 (PST)

 Tom Tromey writes:

 > I agree that this should go in.  This will help avoid some of the
 > more common CLASSPATH-setting problems, especially if the error
 > message in this case is relatively verbose.

 I totally forgot about this patch. I'm going to make sure it still
 works and check it in then.

 ./A

* Re: java/1213
@ 2001-03-21 13:46 Tom Tromey
From: Tom Tromey @ 2001-03-21 13:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: apbianco; +Cc: gcc-prs

The following reply was made to PR java/1213; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Tom Tromey <tromey@redhat.com>
To: Bryce McKinlay <bryce@waitaki.otago.ac.nz>
Cc: apbianco@gcc.gnu.org, gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org
Date: 21 Mar 2001 14:46:27 -0700

 Bryce> This patch seems to have slipped through the cracks and never
 Bryce> gone in to cvs. I think it would be good to have this in the
 Bryce> 3.0 branch, if only so it will save FAQs to the mailing
 Bryce> list. Any reason not to check it in?

 I agree that this should go in.
 This will help avoid some of the more common CLASSPATH-setting
 problems, especially if the error message in this case is relatively
 verbose.

 Tom