public inbox for gcc-prs@sourceware.org
* c++/2387: Bad codegen for static local references
@ 2001-03-25 14:26 jason_merrill
From: jason_merrill @ 2001-03-25 14:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-gnats

>Number:         2387
>Category:       c++
>Synopsis:       Bad codegen for static local references
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
>Responsible:    unassigned
>State:          open
>Class:          wrong-code
>Submitter-Id:   net
>Arrival-Date:   Sun Mar 25 14:26:01 PST 2001
>Closed-Date:
>Last-Modified:
>Originator:     Jason Merrill
>Release:        CVS
We fail to generate a static temporary for binding to a static local reference.  Furthermore, we don't properly limit initialization to the first time through the code.  These two bugs cancel each other to some extent, but both should be fixed.

This was broken in 2.95.2, as well.
>How-To-Repeat:
(will add testcase shortly)
>Fix:
Pass the decl we're binding to for DIRECT_BIND into build_up_reference so we can copy its linkage.  I think Jakub is fixing the repeated initialization bug.
>Release-Note:
>Audit-Trail:
>Unformatted:

only message in thread, other threads:[~2001-03-25 14:26 UTC | newest]