public inbox for gcc-prs@sourceware.org
* Re: target/2396
@ 2001-03-27  4:46 rearnsha
From: rearnsha @ 2001-03-27  4:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rearnsha; +Cc: gcc-prs

The following reply was made to PR target/2396; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: rearnsha@gcc.gnu.org
To: gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org, nobody@gcc.gnu.org, rearnsha@gcc.gnu.org,
  ted@arraycomm.com
Subject: Re: target/2396
Date: 27 Mar 2001 12:39:41 -0000

 Synopsis: ARM/thumb 5th function argument access problem

 Responsible-Changed-From-To: unassigned->rearnsha
 Responsible-Changed-By: rearnsha
 Responsible-Changed-When: Tue Mar 27 04:39:40 2001
 Responsible-Changed-Why:
     Please do not use priority High.  That is reserved for use
     by the gcc maintainers.

 http://gcc.gnu.org/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?cmd=view&pr=2396&database=gcc

* Re: target/2396
@ 2001-03-27 14:06 Ted Merrill
From: Ted Merrill @ 2001-03-27 14:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rearnsha; +Cc: gcc-prs

The following reply was made to PR target/2396; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Ted Merrill <ted@arraycomm.com>
To: rearnsha@gcc.gnu.org
Cc: gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org, Ted Merrill <ted@arraycomm.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 13:54:43 -0800 (PST)

 Preliminary indication is that the patch has fixed the problem, although
 in a non-optimal way. More testing might reveal other problems(?).
 Essentially it has added an (unnecessary) push {lr} at the beginning and
 replaced the bx{lr} with a pop {pc} at the end, so now the access to [sp,#4]
 is correct.
 The simple case:
     int foo(int a0,int a1,int a2, int a3, int a4) { return a4; }
 is unchanged: it still compiles correctly and optimally as:
     ldr r0,[sp]
     bx lr
 Unfortunately, most of our small leaf subroutines involve at least one
 conditional, which generates pretty non-optimal code (but at least
 it is correct now, with the patch, and is more optimal than
 using -fno-omit-frame-pointer).

 Thanks
 Ted Merrill

@ 2001-03-27  4:26 rearnsha
From: rearnsha @ 2001-03-27  4:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nobody; +Cc: gcc-prs

The following reply was made to PR target/2396; it has been noted by GNATS.