public inbox for gcc-prs@sourceware.org
* Re: c/2371: Hang with long long function argument.
@ 2001-03-31 21:56 Dave Korn
From: Dave Korn @ 2001-03-31 21:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nobody; +Cc: gcc-prs

The following reply was made to PR c/2371; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Dave Korn" <davek-ml@ntlworld.com>
To: <snowball3@bigfoot.com>,
	<gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org>
Subject: Re: c/2371: Hang with long long function argument.
Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2001 06:45:55 +0100

From: Mark E. @ 2001-04-01  7:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nobody; +Cc: gcc-prs

The following reply was made to PR c/2371; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Mark E." <snowball3@bigfoot.com>
To: "Dave Korn" <davek-ml@ntlworld.com>,
              <gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org>
Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2001 10:13:55 -0400

 > looped forever and both the fixed versions exit almost instantly.  Are you
 > sure you didn't fix the bug at the same time as you changed from long longs
 > to plain longs?

 After going through the assembly code, it turned out the code that prompted
 the testcase was using the wrong prototype causing the wrong number of
 arguments to be pushed on to the stack. The unfortunate typo delayed me in
 finding the real problem. When the testcase also hung, I thought for sure I
 was on to something. But when I looked at its assembly and noticed it was
 setting x to -1LL, I realized the testcase was faulty and had it closed.
 Sorry for any trouble. It certainly caused me some.

 Mark

* c/2371: Hang with long long function argument.
@ 2001-03-23 19:56 snowball3
From: snowball3 @ 2001-03-23 19:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-gnats