public inbox for gcc-prs@sourceware.org
* Re: libstdc++/2700
@ 2001-05-04 12:46 Benjamin Kosnik
From: Benjamin Kosnik @ 2001-05-04 12:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bkoz; +Cc: gcc-prs

The following reply was made to PR libstdc++/2700; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Benjamin Kosnik <bkoz@redhat.com>
To: Matt_Conway@i2.com
Cc: gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org
Subject: Re: libstdc++/2700
Date: Fri, 4 May 2001 12:42:22 -0700 (PDT)

 Right. The plan is to merge libstdc++-v3 from mainline to the branch.
 Thus, if it's fixed on mainline it will soon be fixed on the branch...

 Please cc' gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org on your email regarding this bug.

 thanks,
 benjamin

 On Fri, 4 May 2001 Matt_Conway@i2.com wrote:

 > Ok, will do.  Regardless of it working on the main branch, it is broken on
 > gcc-3_0-branch and needs to be fixed there as well.  Did you manage to try
 > it on your system using the 3_0 branch?  I'll grab the latest version of
 > the 3_0 branch and see if its broken there for me as well - unfortunately
 > the bootstrap process takes a good 12 hours on my system so don't expect an
 > answer any time soon!

* Re: libstdc++/2700
@ 2001-05-18  8:26 Matt_Conway
From: Matt_Conway @ 2001-05-18  8:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bkoz; +Cc: gcc-prs

The following reply was made to PR libstdc++/2700; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Matt_Conway@i2.com
To: Benjamin Kosnik <bkoz@redhat.com>
Cc: gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org
Date: Fri, 18 May 2001 14:11:05 -0400

 No -  I sent you this mail because I was NOT having any luck =)
 Since I assumed the problem was something with libstdc++ and not the
 compiler (or the combinaton), I had tried the libstdc++ from the main
 branch with the compiler from the 3.0 branch and it still failed.
 I can go grab the main branch again now, and try it if you think its a
 problem thats related to the compiler as well as libstdc++.
 You'll have to patient though, it takes me a good 12-24 hours to bootstrap
 - configure of libstdc++ being the main culprit - is there anyway to not
 have to reconfigure everytime I update from cvs?

 Matt

 Benjamin Kosnik <bkoz@redhat.com>
 05/18/01 02:36 AM

         To:     Matt_Conway@i2.com
         cc:     gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org

 Any luck? It seems like the branch is updated and working now.

* Re: libstdc++/2700
@ 2001-05-17 23:46 Benjamin Kosnik
From: Benjamin Kosnik @ 2001-05-17 23:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bkoz; +Cc: gcc-prs

The following reply was made to PR libstdc++/2700; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Benjamin Kosnik <bkoz@redhat.com>
To: Matt_Conway@i2.com
Cc: gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org
Date: Thu, 17 May 2001 23:36:10 -0700 (PDT)

 On Wed, 16 May 2001 Matt_Conway@i2.com wrote:

 > I still can't bootstrap the main branch to verify if this is really fixed,
 > but as of 05/14/2001, it is not fixed in the 3.0 branch.  I was able to
 > bootstrap the 3.0 branch compiler with the libstdc++-v3 from the main
 > branch (CVS 05/15/2001) , and the problem is actually worse - instead of
 > having to include <fstream> to get it to fail, it now always fails on the
 > following code.  If you can't get it to fail, perhaps it is a platform
 > dependent issue?  I'm running on AIX 4.3.3
 >
 > Matt
 >

 > #include <iostream>
 >
 > using namespace std;
 >
 > int main()
 > {
 >
 >         ostream mystream(cout.rdbuf()); // Fails here with a SIGABRT
 >         cout << "Output to cout" << endl;
 >         mystream << "Output to mystream" << endl;
 > }
 >

 > bkoz@gcc.gnu.org
 > 05/09/01 02:39 AM
 >

 >         To:     bkoz@gcc.gnu.org, gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org, matt_conway@i2.com
 >         cc:
 >         Subject:        Re: libstdc++/2700
 >
 > Synopsis: Erroneous exception while constructing a derived class of
 > ostream
 >
 > State-Changed-From-To: analyzed->closed
 > State-Changed-By: bkoz
 > State-Changed-When: Tue May  8 23:39:57 2001
 > State-Changed-Why:
 >     Fixed in CVS
 >
 > http://gcc.gnu.org/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?cmd=view&pr=2700&database=gcc

* Re: libstdc++/2700
@ 2001-05-08 23:46 bkoz
From: bkoz @ 2001-05-08 23:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bkoz; +Cc: gcc-prs

The following reply was made to PR libstdc++/2700; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: bkoz@gcc.gnu.org
To: bkoz@gcc.gnu.org, gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org, matt_conway@i2.com
Date: 9 May 2001 06:39:57 -0000

@ 2001-05-04 12:26 Benjamin Kosnik
From: Benjamin Kosnik @ 2001-05-04 12:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bkoz; +Cc: gcc-prs

The following reply was made to PR libstdc++/2700; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Benjamin Kosnik <bkoz@redhat.com>
To: Matt_Conway@i2.com
Cc: gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org
Date: Fri, 4 May 2001 12:22:57 -0700 (PDT)

 Please try this again when you have a bootstrap.

* Re: libstdc++/2700
@ 2001-05-02 12:06 bkoz
From: bkoz @ 2001-05-02 12:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bkoz; +Cc: gcc-prs

The following reply was made to PR libstdc++/2700; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: bkoz@gcc.gnu.org
To: bkoz@gcc.gnu.org, gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org, matt_conway@i2.com,
  nobody@gcc.gnu.org
Date: 2 May 2001 19:04:43 -0000

 Synopsis: Erroneous exception while constructing a derived class of ostream

 Responsible-Changed-From-To: unassigned->bkoz
 Responsible-Changed-By: bkoz
 Responsible-Changed-When: Wed May  2 12:04:42 2001
 Responsible-Changed-Why:
     Responsible.
 State-Changed-From-To: open->analyzed
 State-Changed-By: bkoz
 State-Changed-When: Wed May  2 12:04:42 2001
 State-Changed-Why:
     I cannot reproduce this with gcc-3.1 sources on x86/linux. Can you try the CVS head (gcc3.1) instead of gcc-3.0 branch? And or come up with more information about what exception is being thrown, and why?

     thanks,
     benjamin

 http://gcc.gnu.org/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?cmd=view&pr=2700&database=gcc