public inbox for gcc-prs@sourceware.org
* libgcj/2745: Recompiles after successful 'gmake' when 'gmake install' is tried
@ 2001-05-05  6:16 mtodorov
From: mtodorov @ 2001-05-05  6:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-gnats

>Number:         2745
>Category:       libgcj
>Synopsis:       Recompiles after successful 'gmake' when 'gmake install' is tried
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
>Responsible:    unassigned
>State:          open
>Class:          sw-bug
>Submitter-Id:   net
>Arrival-Date:   Sat May 05 06:16:01 PDT 2001
>Closed-Date:
>Last-Modified:
>Originator:     mtodorov@alu.hr
>Release:        2.95.1
The following was attempted:
> ./configure
> gmake
> gmake install

When gmake-ing libgcj, everything went fine and gmake
was successful.

However, when 'gmake install' command was issued, gmake
started recompiling almost everything, probably from the
scratch.
>How-To-Repeat:
gzip -cd libgcj-2.95.1 | tar xvf -
mkdir libgcj
cd libgcj
../libgcj-2.95.1/configure
gmake
gmake install
>Fix:
Couldn't get so much into it.
>Release-Note:
>Audit-Trail:
>Unformatted:

* Re: libgcj/2745: Recompiles after successful 'gmake' when 'gmake install' is tried
@ 2001-06-13 14:42 tromey
From: tromey @ 2001-06-13 14:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-bugs, gcc-prs, java-prs, mtodorov, nobody, tromey

Synopsis: Recompiles after successful 'gmake' when 'gmake install' is tried

Responsible-Changed-From-To: unassigned->tromey
Responsible-Changed-By: tromey
Responsible-Changed-When: Wed Jun 13 14:42:18 2001
Responsible-Changed-Why:
    I'm handling it.
State-Changed-From-To: open->closed
State-Changed-By: tromey
State-Changed-When: Wed Jun 13 14:42:18 2001
State-Changed-Why:
    Unfortunately I haven't seen this problem.
    The libgcj Makefiles have had substantial work done
    on them since 2.95.1.  I'm guessing that this problem
    has gone away.
    Could you try gcc 3.0 when it comes out?
    If you still see the problem I would be inclined
    to suspect some local problem on your machine.
    I say that because I have never heard of anyone
    else having this problem, and I know we have other
    alpha users.

http://gcc.gnu.org/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?cmd=view&pr=2745&database=gcc