public inbox for gcc-prs@sourceware.org
* Re: java/2424: gjc thinks a final variable is reassigned when it is not
@ 2001-12-10 10:10 tromey
From: tromey @ 2001-12-10 10:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-bugs, gcc-gnats, gcc-prs, java-prs, nobody, sdlee, tromey

Synopsis: gjc thinks a final variable is reassigned when it is not

Responsible-Changed-From-To: unassigned->tromey
Responsible-Changed-By: tromey
Responsible-Changed-When: Mon Dec 10 10:10:42 2001
Responsible-Changed-Why:
    I'm handling the PR.
State-Changed-From-To: open->feedback
State-Changed-By: tromey
State-Changed-When: Mon Dec 10 10:10:42 2001
State-Changed-Why:
    I believe this is fixed on the cvs trunk.
    I tried your example and it now works for me.
    If you can try this, please do so and report back.
    If you can't try it, that is fine -- but please tell
    me so that I can close the PR.

http://gcc.gnu.org/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?cmd=view%20audit-trail&pr=2424&database=gcc

* Re: java/2424: gjc thinks a final variable is reassigned when it is not
@ 2001-12-11  9:46 tromey
From: tromey @ 2001-12-11  9:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: tromey; +Cc: gcc-prs

The following reply was made to PR java/2424; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: tromey@gcc.gnu.org
To: gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org, gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org, gcc-prs@gcc.gnu.org,
  java-prs@gcc.gnu.org, sdlee@csis.hku.hk, tromey@gcc.gnu.org
Subject: Re: java/2424: gjc thinks a final variable is reassigned when it is not
Date: 11 Dec 2001 17:37:05 -0000

 Synopsis: gjc thinks a final variable is reassigned when it is not

 State-Changed-From-To: feedback->closed
 State-Changed-By: tromey
 State-Changed-When: Tue Dec 11 09:37:04 2001
 State-Changed-Why:
     Original reporter can't test, and I think it is fixed.

@ 2001-12-11  9:37 tromey
From: tromey @ 2001-12-11  9:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-bugs, gcc-gnats, gcc-prs, java-prs, sdlee, tromey

@ 2001-12-11  3:06 Sau Dan Lee
From: Sau Dan Lee @ 2001-12-11  3:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: tromey; +Cc: gcc-prs

The following reply was made to PR java/2424; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Sau Dan Lee <danlee@informatik.uni-freiburg.de>
To: tromey@gcc.gnu.org
Cc: gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org, gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org, gcc-prs@gcc.gnu.org,
        java-prs@gcc.gnu.org, nobody@gcc.gnu.org
Date: 11 Dec 2001 12:04:41 +0100

     tromey> State-Changed-Why: I believe this is fixed
     tromey> on the cvs trunk.  I tried your example and it now works
     tromey> for me.  If you can try this, please do so and report
     tromey> back.  If you can't try it, that is fine -- but please
     tromey> tell me so that I can close the PR.

 Thanks.   I  cannot test  it  again, as  the  environment  in which  I
 produced the bug report is no longer available.  I'm sorry for that.

 --=20
 Sau Dan LEE                     =A7=F5=A6u=B4=B0(Big5)                    ~=
 {@nJX6X~}(HZ)=20

 E-mail: danlee@informatik.uni-freiburg.de

* Re: java/2424: gjc thinks a final variable is reassigned when it is not
@ 2001-12-10 10:16 tromey
From: tromey @ 2001-12-10 10:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: tromey; +Cc: gcc-prs

The following reply was made to PR java/2424; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: tromey@gcc.gnu.org
To: gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org, gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org, gcc-prs@gcc.gnu.org,
  java-prs@gcc.gnu.org, nobody@gcc.gnu.org, sdlee@csis.hku.hk,
  tromey@gcc.gnu.org
Date: 10 Dec 2001 18:10:43 -0000

@ 2001-03-29 19:45 sdlee
From: sdlee @ 2001-03-29 19:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-gnats

>Number:         2424
>Category:       java
>Synopsis:       gjc thinks a final variable is reassigned when it is not
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
>Responsible:    unassigned
>State:          open
>Class:          rejects-legal
>Submitter-Id:   net
>Arrival-Date:   Thu Mar 29 19:36:04 PST 2001
>Closed-Date:
>Last-Modified:
>Originator:     sdlee@csis.hku.hk
>Release:        gcc-20010320 snapshot
When a final variable is assigned (in a constructor)
via different execution paths, gcj thinks it is being
reassigned.  This behaviour is different from javac and
jikes.
>How-To-Repeat:
public class A {
    public static void main(String[] a) {