public inbox for gcc-prs@sourceware.org
From: "Bryan Hunt" <acme@us.ibm.com>
To: rth@gcc.gnu.org
Cc: gcc-prs@gcc.gnu.org,
Subject: Re: libstdc++/6002: Optimized code fails to locate exception handler and aborts
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2002 06:36:00 -0000	[thread overview]

The following reply was made to PR libstdc++/6002; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Bryan Hunt" <acme@us.ibm.com>
To: rth@gcc.gnu.org, "Bryan Hunt" <acme@us.ibm.com>, gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org,
        gcc-prs@gcc.gnu.org, rth@gcc.gnu.org, gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org
Cc: gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org, gcc-prs@gcc.gnu.org, rth@gcc.gnu.org
Subject: Re: libstdc++/6002: Optimized code fails to locate exception handler and
 aborts
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2002 08:31:54 -0600

 And I would have liked to have sent a simpler testcase.  But, hopefully I
 get points for the fact that I was able to reduce the testcase from 25,000
 lines of confidential code to something I could give you.  If you have any
 problems or questions, please let me know.

 Regards,

 Bryan Hunt
 ACE Simulation & Verification, IBM, Austin TX  (512) 838-6273 or T/L
 678-6273
 A good engineer makes the possible a reality; a great engineer makes the
 impossible possible.

 |         |           rth@gcc.gnu.org  |
 |         |           03/27/2002 03:33 |
 |         |           rth; Please      |
 |         |           respond to Bryan |
 |         |           Hunt; Please     |
 |         |           respond to       |
 |         |           gcc-bugs; Please |
 |         |           respond to       |
 |         |           gcc-prs; Please  |
 |         |           respond to rth;  |
 |         |           gcc-gnats        |
   >--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
   |                                                                                                                    |
   |       To:       Bryan Hunt/Austin/IBM@IBMUS, gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org, gcc-prs@gcc.gnu.org, rth@gcc.gnu.org            |
   |       cc:                                                                                                          |
   |       Subject:  Re: libstdc++/6002: Optimized code fails to locate exception handler and aborts                    |
   |                                                                                                                    |
   |                                                                                                                    |
   >--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

 Synopsis: Optimized code fails to locate exception handler and aborts

 State-Changed-From-To: open->feedback
 State-Changed-By: rth
 State-Changed-When: Wed Mar 27 01:33:20 2002
 State-Changed-Why:
     Appears to work with gcc 3.1 prerelease.

     Note that we'd prefer to have standalone test cases,
     rather than depending on two other packages.  You do
     get points for providing build instructions that
     actually work, which is not the norm for something
     with more than one file.

 http://gcc.gnu.org/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?cmd=view%20audit-trail&database=gcc&pr=6002