public inbox for gcc-prs@sourceware.org
From: Reiner Hauser <rhauser@fnal.gov>
To: nobody@gcc.gnu.org
Cc: gcc-prs@gcc.gnu.org,
Subject: Re: c++/6601: [parser] Parse error when using :: qualified name in template
Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 08:36:00 -0000	[thread overview]

The following reply was made to PR c++/6601; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Reiner Hauser <rhauser@fnal.gov>
To: Wolfgang Bangerth <bangerth@math.ethz.ch>
Cc: gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org, lerdsuwa@gcc.gnu.org, gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org
Subject: Re: c++/6601: [parser] Parse error when using :: qualified name in
 template
Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 10:29:42 -0500 (CDT)

 Thanks, who would have thought about di-graphs ;) ? I hesitated a while
 to submit a bug report, because I thought somebody else surely must have
 caught this before. I finally did it since the Kai compiler compiled the
 code without complaints, but it turns out that it has digraphs disabled
 in the default mode and you have to give some --strict option to enable
 them.

 Maybe this can go into that 'bugs which aren't really bugs' web page you
 got ? It might give people a clue when they run into similar problems.

 cheers, Reiner

 --
 Reiner Hauser
 Email: rhauser@fnal.gov