public inbox for gcc-prs@sourceware.org
From: lakeland@acm.org
To: gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org
Subject: bootstrap/7210: bootstrap fails on darwin
Date: Thu, 04 Jul 2002 13:36:00 -0000	[thread overview]

>Number:         7210
>Category:       bootstrap
>Synopsis:       bootstrap fails on darwin
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
>Responsible:    unassigned
>State:          open
>Class:          sw-bug
>Submitter-Id:   net
>Arrival-Date:   Thu Jul 04 13:36:00 PDT 2002
>Closed-Date:
>Last-Modified:
>Originator:     Corrin Lakeland
>Release:        Head
bootstrap fails on darwin due to errors in darwin's built
in CC.

cppinit.c:150: parse error before `,'
cppinit.c:150: parse error before `,'
cppinit.c:150: parse error before `,'

The problem isn't with the tricky #define, but with the
preallocation of static arrays.  It seems darwin's CC
(modified GCC 2.95.2) cannot parse declare & initialise.
>How-To-Repeat:
./configure, make
>Fix:
Allocate the static arrays differently, or wait until gcc3 is standard on darwin and ignore the problem.

Fixing the first file is fairly easy but it gets tedious
after that.  Using make -k I managed to get it down to
three files that needed fixing although fixing them might
have brought up more problems.