public inbox for gcc-prs@sourceware.org
From: Robert Schiele <rschiele@uni-mannheim.de>
To: nobody@gcc.gnu.org
Cc: gcc-prs@gcc.gnu.org,
Subject: Re: c++/9265: exception handling faulty wenn linking PIC objects to non PIC ones
Date: Thu, 06 Feb 2003 09:46:00 -0000	[thread overview]

The following reply was made to PR c++/9265; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Robert Schiele <rschiele@uni-mannheim.de>
To: Jakub Jelinek <jakub@redhat.com>
Cc: cc@pi3.informatik.uni-mannheim.de, gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org,
   gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org, Andreas Jaeger <aj@suse.de>,
   Andreas Schwab <schwab@suse.de>
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2003 10:44:10 +0100

 --wq9mPyueHGvFACwf

 On Tue, Feb 04, 2003 at 11:28:27PM +0100, Robert Schiele wrote:
 > Now, after I had the first report from someone with recent binutils
 > where it was not reproducable, I did some further research and found
 > that it seems to be a SuSE specific problem either with the shipped
 > glibc or with some vendor patches on binutils.

 Ok, it is definitively not a gcc bug, but a binutils bug, but not
 invented by SuSE specific patches, but by the fact that they configure
 with --enable-targets=3Dx86_64-suse-linux.  This seems to break either
 ld or libbfd, even on plain binutils 2.12.90.0.15.  I haven't yet
 tried later releases, but will do so.

 If you are interrested in having more information, feel free to
 contact me.

 Robert

 --=20
 Robert Schiele			Tel.: +49-621-181-2517