The following reply was made to PR c/7871; it has been noted by GNATS. From: Richard Zidlicky To: Jim Wilson Cc: Richard Henderson , gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org Subject: Re: c/7871: ICE on legal code, global register variables problems Date: Fri, 2 May 2003 14:16:15 +0200 On Wed, Apr 30, 2003 at 10:57:05PM -0400, Jim Wilson wrote: > I tried looking at this. It won't build cross without a bit of work, > and the only native I can build at the moment is x86-linux which can't > use global register variables. I do routinely build it using distcc so a cross should be doable, probably of very little use without a possibility to test it. > I tried building it native on x86-linux anyways just to make sure I > could build and run it. I thought it wasn't working at first. I had to > add a 0 to the loops in bench1/bench2 before I was sure it was doing > something. Otherwise it took a fraction of a second to run. didnĀ“t anticipate that much progress when I wrote the benchmarks ;) > If you could send me a .i file and a pointer to where it was miscompiled > that would be very helpful. I can build a m68k-linux cross compiler and > look at it. .. working on this, as the testing has to be done on the slow HW this makes it slow to find the error. Richard