public inbox for gcc-prs@sourceware.org
From: "Giovanni Bajo" <giovannibajo@libero.it>
To: nobody@gcc.gnu.org
Cc: gcc-prs@gcc.gnu.org,
Subject: Re: c++/10722: [3.3 regression] ICE (segfault) when specializing with an invalid type
Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 23:26:00 -0000	[thread overview]

The following reply was made to PR c++/10722; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Giovanni Bajo" <giovannibajo@libero.it>
To: <gcc-prs@gcc.gnu.org>,
	<gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org>,
	<gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org>,
	<bangerth@dealii.org>,
	<nobody@gcc.gnu.org>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 01:19:58 +0200

 http://gcc.gnu.org/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?cmd=view%20audit-trail&database=gcc&pr=10722

 Let's split this PR. I will shortly open a new PR to track the 3.4 issue, we
 keep this one only for the 3.3 reduced snippet. In other words, the bug we
 track here is:

 template <class  P, class Q>
 struct pair {};

 template <typename T>
 struct pair<T, INVALID> {
     typedef T first_type;
 };

 pr10722.cpp:5: error: type/value mismatch at argument 2 in template
 parameter list for `template<class P, class Q> struct pair'
 pr10722.cpp:5: error:   expected a type, got `INVALID'
 pr10722.cpp:6: internal compiler error: Segmentation fault
 Please submit a full bug report,

 This is an ice-on-illegal, 3.3 regression with respect to 2.95 where the
 code was not ICE-ing the compiler.

 Giovanni Bajo