public inbox for gcc-prs@sourceware.org
* Re: bootstrap/9238: make install: install-sh: not found
@ 2003-05-15  7:46 ebotcazou
From: ebotcazou @ 2003-05-15  7:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bruce_mohler, gcc-bugs, gcc-prs, nobody

Synopsis: make install: install-sh: not found

State-Changed-From-To: analyzed->closed
State-Changed-By: ebotcazou
State-Changed-When: Thu May 15 07:46:40 2003
State-Changed-Why:
    Fixed in GCC 3.3.1 or later, see http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2003-04/msg00611.html .
    Note that you shoud do a 'make bootstrap' instead of a mere 'make' to build the
    compiler, as prescribed in the documentation.

http://gcc.gnu.org/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?cmd=view%20audit-trail&database=gcc&pr=9238

* Re: bootstrap/9238: make install: install-sh: not found
@ 2003-02-22  7:08 neroden
From: neroden @ 2003-02-22  7:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bruce_mohler, gcc-bugs, gcc-prs, nobody

Synopsis: make install: install-sh: not found

State-Changed-From-To: feedback->analyzed
State-Changed-By: neroden
State-Changed-When: Sat Feb 22 07:08:05 2003
State-Changed-Why:
    Not really in feedback.

@ 2003-01-24 16:56 Bill C Riemers
From: Bill C Riemers @ 2003-01-24 16:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nobody; +Cc: gcc-prs

The following reply was made to PR bootstrap/9238; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Bill C Riemers" <bcr@babel.lz.att.com>
To: <gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org>, <gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org>, <nobody@gcc.gnu.org>,
   <gcc-prs@gcc.gnu.org>, <bruce_mohler@intuit.com>
Subject: Re: bootstrap/9238: make install: install-sh: not found
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 11:52:41 -0500

 http://gcc.gnu.org/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?cmd=view%20audit-trail&database=gcc&pr=9238

 See report:

 http://gcc.gnu.org/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?cmd=view%20audit-trail&database=gcc&pr=8844

 The solution presented works.  Another option which works with some success is:

 "make -k bootstrap"
 "make -k install"

 This is of course failing to install some of the gcc components, but I find it installs enough
 of the standard components to build c, and c++ programs.

                                                      Bill

* RE: bootstrap/9238: make install: install-sh: not found
@ 2003-01-11 17:16 Mohler, Bruce
From: Mohler, Bruce @ 2003-01-11 17:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nobody; +Cc: gcc-prs

From: "Mohler, Bruce" <Bruce_Mohler@intuit.com>
To: "'Phil Edwards'" <phil@jaj.com>
Cc: gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org, gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2003 09:12:38 -0800

 Upgrading to 3.2.1 and using the following configure command:

 ../configure --prefix=/usr/local \
 	--with-as=/usr/ccs/bin/as \
 	--with-ld=/usr/ccs/bin/ld \
 	--with-system-zlib \
 	--enable-languages=c,c++,java \
 	--disable-nls \
 	--host=sparc-sun-solaris2.8

 resulted in a clean "make" and a clean "make install".

 I'm up and running.  You can close this ticket.

 Thanks, Phil.

 Bruce

From: Phil Edwards @ 2003-01-09 23:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nobody; +Cc: gcc-prs

From: Phil Edwards <phil@jaj.com>
To: "Mohler, Bruce" <Bruce_Mohler@intuit.com>
Cc: gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org, gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2003 18:16:58 -0500

 On Thu, Jan 09, 2003 at 03:14:02PM -0800, Mohler, Bruce wrote:

 > This may not happen until tomorrow morning...

 As much as we all love GCC, it's just ones and zeros.  Nobody's holding
 his breath.  Take your time.  Get some sleep.  :-)

                                                  - Edsger Dijkstra, 1930-2002

* RE: bootstrap/9238: make install: install-sh: not found
@ 2003-01-09 23:16 Mohler, Bruce
From: Mohler, Bruce @ 2003-01-09 23:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nobody; +Cc: gcc-prs

From: "Mohler, Bruce" <Bruce_Mohler@intuit.com>
To: "'Phil Edwards'" <phil@jaj.com>, "Mohler, Bruce" <Bruce_Mohler@intuit.com>
Cc: gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org, gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2003 15:14:02 -0800

 Thanks, Phil.  I'll try using the absolute path on the configure command.

From: Phil Edwards @ 2003-01-09 22:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nobody; +Cc: gcc-prs

From: Phil Edwards <phil@jaj.com>
To: "Mohler, Bruce" <Bruce_Mohler@intuit.com>