public inbox for gcc-prs@sourceware.org
* other/10819: testsuite creates CR+LF on compiler version lines in test summary files
@ 2003-05-16 15:26 rschiele
From: rschiele @ 2003-05-16 15:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-gnats

>Number:         10819
>Category:       other
>Synopsis:       testsuite creates CR+LF on compiler version lines in test summary files
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Responsible:    unassigned
>State:          open
>Class:          sw-bug
>Submitter-Id:   net
>Arrival-Date:   Fri May 16 15:26:00 UTC 2003
>Closed-Date:
>Last-Modified:
>Originator:     Robert Schiele
>Release:        3.3, 3.3.1 20030515 (prerelease), 3.4 20030515 (experimental)
The testsuite creates CR+LF on compiler version lines in test summary files like:

/local/build/gcc/testsuite/../g++ version 3.3 <== HERE

This confuses some implementations of Mail and thus they send the report as a binary attachment. Results can be seen here: http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-testresults/2003-05/msg00946.html
>How-To-Repeat:
Run the testsuite and inspect one of the summary files.
>Fix:
Workaround: Place some sed/awk/whatever command into contrib/test_results to filter this rubbish out, but the better way would be to prevent the testsuite from behaving this way, but I do not know dejagnu enough to identify the real problem here.
>Release-Note:
>Audit-Trail:
>Unformatted:

only message in thread, other threads:[~2003-05-16 15:26 UTC | newest]