public inbox for gcc-prs@sourceware.org
* Re: target/2309: [ARM] SUBREG in memory reference
@ 2003-05-17  9:56 Dara Hazeghi
From: Dara Hazeghi @ 2003-05-17  9:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pb; +Cc: gcc-prs

The following reply was made to PR target/2309; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Dara Hazeghi <dhazeghi@yahoo.com>
To: philb@gnu.org, pb@gcc.gnu.org, gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org
Subject: Re: target/2309: [ARM] SUBREG in memory reference
Date: Sat, 17 May 2003 02:48:17 -0700

 http://gcc.gnu.org/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?cmd=view%20audit-
 trail&database=gcc&pr=2309

 Hello,

 what's the status of this PR? It looks like there was indeed a patch
 for the problem? Was the patch every applied? Is the bug fixed? Thanks,

 Dara

* Re: target/2309: [ARM] SUBREG in memory reference
@ 2003-05-17 10:46 Philip Blundell
From: Philip Blundell @ 2003-05-17 10:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pb; +Cc: gcc-prs

The following reply was made to PR target/2309; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Philip Blundell <philb@gnu.org>
To: Dara Hazeghi <dhazeghi@yahoo.com>
Cc: gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org
Date: 17 May 2003 11:43:48 +0100

 On Sat, 2003-05-17 at 10:48, Dara Hazeghi wrote:
 > http://gcc.gnu.org/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?cmd=view%20audit-
 > trail&database=gcc&pr=2309
 >
 > Hello,
 >
 > what's the status of this PR? It looks like there was indeed a patch
 > for the problem? Was the patch every applied? Is the bug fixed? Thanks,

 I think it's probably fixed.  We no longer seem to have a copy of the
 original testcase, but I haven't seen any further reports of this bug in
 the past couple of years.

 I've closed the PR.

 p.

* Re: target/2309: [ARM] SUBREG in memory reference
@ 2003-05-17 10:42 pb
From: pb @ 2003-05-17 10:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-bugs, gcc-prs, pb, philb

Synopsis: [ARM] SUBREG in memory reference

State-Changed-From-To: open->closed
State-Changed-By: pb
State-Changed-When: Sat May 17 10:42:33 2003
State-Changed-Why:
    Appears to be fixed.

@ 2002-01-23  2:46 Phil Blundell
From: Phil Blundell @ 2002-01-23  2:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pb; +Cc: gcc-prs

The following reply was made to PR target/2309; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Phil Blundell <pb@nexus.co.uk>
To: Richard Earnshaw <rearnsha@arm.com>
Cc: gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org
Date: 23 Jan 2002 10:36:30 +0000

 On Wed, 2002-01-23 at 10:26, Richard Earnshaw wrote:
 >  I have the original post as sent out by gnats, but I can't even extract
 >  the testcase from that.  So I think it must either have been corrupted
 >  right up front, or have been a bad attachment in the first place.
 >
 >  However, sleuthing shows that the problem may have been fixed:
 >
 >  http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2001-04/msg00131.html

 That patch doesn't seem to have been applied to the 3.0 branch or the
 trunk.  They both just say:

 			 Note this assumes that the target dependent
 			 files treat REG and SUBREG equally, including
  			 within GO_IF_LEGITIMATE_ADDRESS and in all the
 			 predicates since we never verify that replacing
  			 the original register with a SUBREG results
 			 in a recognizable insn.  */

 >  http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/1999-06/msg00419.html

 Do you think GO_IF_LEGITIMATE_ADDRESS in arm.h wants the same treatment
 that mips.h got here, ie this kind of thing:

 	   while (GET_CODE (xinsn) == SUBREG)
 	     xinsn = SUBREG_REG (xinsn);

 p.

* Re: target/2309: [ARM] SUBREG in memory reference
@ 2002-01-23  2:26 Richard Earnshaw
From: Richard Earnshaw @ 2002-01-23  2:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pb; +Cc: gcc-prs

The following reply was made to PR target/2309; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Richard Earnshaw <rearnsha@arm.com>
To: Philip Blundell <philb@gnu.org>
Cc: bernds@redhat.com, richard.earnshaw@arm.com, gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 10:23:17 +0000

 > Does anybody know what the status of this is now?
 >
 > I don't seem to have a copy of the original testcase any more, and the
 > one in GNATS appears to be corrupt, so I can't easily test whether the
 > bug still happens.  (Even if I did have that testcase, I guess there's a
 > good chance that it would no longer generate the problematic RTL in any
 > case
 >
 > From a quick look at GO_IF_LEGITIMATE_ADDRESS in arm.h from the 3.0
 > branch, it seems to me that it's still not prepared to handle SUBREGs in
 > memory expressions.

 I have the original post as sent out by gnats, but I can't even extract
 the testcase from that.  So I think it must either have been corrupted
 right up front, or have been a bad attachment in the first place.

 However, sleuthing shows that the problem may have been fixed:

 R.

* Re: target/2309: [ARM] SUBREG in memory reference
@ 2002-01-22 13:16 Philip Blundell
From: Philip Blundell @ 2002-01-22 13:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pb; +Cc: gcc-prs

The following reply was made to PR target/2309; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Philip Blundell <philb@gnu.org>
To: bernds@redhat.com, richard.earnshaw@arm.com
Cc: gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org
Date: 22 Jan 2002 20:48:23 +0000

 Does anybody know what the status of this is now?

 I don't seem to have a copy of the original testcase any more, and the
 one in GNATS appears to be corrupt, so I can't easily test whether the
 bug still happens.  (Even if I did have that testcase, I guess there's a
 good chance that it would no longer generate the problematic RTL in any
 case

 From a quick look at GO_IF_LEGITIMATE_ADDRESS in arm.h from the 3.0

@ 2002-01-22 12:37 pb
From: pb @ 2002-01-22 12:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-bugs, gcc-prs, nobody, pb, philb

Old Synopsis: arm-linux: unrecognizable insn
New Synopsis: [ARM] SUBREG in memory reference

Responsible-Changed-From-To: unassigned->pb
Responsible-Changed-By: pb
Responsible-Changed-When: Tue Jan 22 12:37:07 2002
Responsible-Changed-Why:
    .

http://gcc.gnu.org/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?cmd=view%20audit-trail&database=gcc&pr=2309