public inbox for gcc-prs@sourceware.org
* Re: c/10813: Stack bug for functions with return value and parameter pointer
@ 2003-05-18 17:01 ehrhardt
From: ehrhardt @ 2003-05-18 17:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-bugs, gcc-prs, nobody, powerstat

Synopsis: Stack bug for functions with return value and parameter pointer

State-Changed-From-To: feedback->closed
State-Changed-By: cae
State-Changed-When: Sun May 18 17:01:44 2003
State-Changed-Why:
    Turned out to be an error in the submitters code. Submitter agreed
    in private conversation that this can be closed.

http://gcc.gnu.org/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?cmd=view%20audit-trail&database=gcc&pr=10813

* Re: c/10813: Stack bug for functions with return value and parameter pointer
@ 2003-05-16  9:00 ehrhardt
From: ehrhardt @ 2003-05-16  9:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-bugs, gcc-prs, nobody, powerstat

Synopsis: Stack bug for functions with return value and parameter pointer

State-Changed-From-To: open->feedback
State-Changed-By: cae
State-Changed-When: Fri May 16 09:00:07 2003
State-Changed-Why:
    Please submit a self-contained testcase that actually compiles and
    shows the wrong behaviour. Also: What are the exact command line
    options used to compile this and what is the output of gcc -v?

@ 2003-05-16  4:16 powerstat
From: powerstat @ 2003-05-16  4:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-gnats

>Number:         10813
>Category:       c
>Synopsis:       Stack bug for functions with return value and parameter pointer
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
>Responsible:    unassigned
>State:          open
>Class:          sw-bug
>Submitter-Id:   net
>Arrival-Date:   Fri May 16 04:16:01 UTC 2003
>Closed-Date:
>Last-Modified:
>Originator:     powerstat@web.de
>Release:        unknown-1.0
The following (shortened) code:

#include <stdio.h>

 unsigned short countFixDateInRange(unsigned short startday, unsigned short startmonth, long startyear,                         unsigned short endday, unsigned short endmonth, long endyear, unsigned short day, unsigned short month, long *const year)
  {
   *year = 2003;
   return(0);
  }

int main(void)
 {
  long year = -1;
  unsigned short daycount = countFixDateInRange(startday,startmonth,startyear,endday,endmonth,endyear,1,5,&year);
printf("%hu\n",daycount);
printf("%ld\n",year);
 }

this should output:
0
2003

but it shows me:

2003
2003

when I comment the "year" parameter out - the return value is correct. - Looks like a stack problem?