The following reply was made to PR bootstrap/10835; it has been noted by GNATS. From: Eric Botcazou To: marcus@mc.pp.se Cc: gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org, gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org Subject: Re: bootstrap/10835: bootstraps hangs on hypersparc Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 16:40:21 +0200 > When I try making bootstrap, the stage 2 compilation > hangs when compiling c-typeck.c. I aborted the process > after 12 hours CPU time. When compiling the file with the > same flags but -mv8 or -msupersparc, the compilation > completes in 1.5 minutes. I could reproduce with an already bootstrapped compiler: compile c-typeck.c at -O2 -mcpu=hypersparc. The compiler seems to be hung in the haïfa scheduler, more specifically max_issue(), while compiling really_start_incremental_init(). -- Eric Botcazou