public inbox for gcc-rust@gcc.gnu.org
From: Mark Wielaard <mark@klomp.org>
To: Arthur Cohen <arthur.cohen@embecosm.com>
Cc: Thomas Schwinge <tschwinge@baylibre.com>, gcc-rust@gcc.gnu.org
Subject: Re: ☠ Buildbot (Sourceware): gccrust - failed compile (failure) (master)
Date: Sat, 2 Mar 2024 20:57:43 +0100	[thread overview]

Hi,

On Fri, Mar 01, 2024 at 11:24:00AM +0100, Arthur Cohen wrote:
> On 2/29/24 21:22, Mark Wielaard wrote:
> >I think what needs to happen is have a config check for the minimum
> >versions of cargo and rustc that are now needed for when configuring
> >for --enable-languages=rust.
>
> Yes - sorry about that. I will spend some time trying to make it
> nice for the builders and users overall but I am currently trying to
> finish the implementation of format_args!() in time for 14.1. So
> this will take me a little bit of time.

So when you use --enable-languages=ada it says:
configure: error: GNAT is required to build ada

And with --enable-languages=d:
configure: error: GDC is required to build d

That comes from this bit in the top-level configure.ac:

        # Disable Ada if no preexisting GNAT is available.
        case ${add_this_lang}:${language}:${have_gnat} in
          yes:ada:no)
            # Specifically requested language; tell them.
            AC_MSG_ERROR([GNAT is required to build $language])
            ;;
          all:ada:no)
            AC_MSG_WARN([GNAT is required to build $language])
            add_this_lang=unsupported
            ;;
          *:ada:no)
            # Silently disable.
            add_this_lang=unsupported
            ;;
        esac

        # Disable D if no preexisting GDC is available.
        case ${add_this_lang}:${language}:${have_gdc} in
          yes:d:no)
            # Specifically requested language; tell them.
            AC_MSG_ERROR([GDC is required to build $language])
           ;;
          all:d:no)
            AC_MSG_WARN([GDC is required to build $language])
            add_this_lang=unsupported
            ;;
          *:d:no)
            # Silently disable.
            add_this_lang=unsupported
            ;;
        esac

have_gnat and have_gdc are set by ACX_PROG_GNAT and ACX_PROG_GDC
defined in config/acx.m4 and called earlier in configure.ac.

Cheers,

Mark