On 12/6/22 12:09, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote: > On 12/6/22 12:03, Richard Biener via Gcc-rust wrote: >> On Tue, Dec 6, 2022 at 11:11 AM wrote: >>> >>> This patchset contains the fixed version of our most recent patchset. We >>> have fixed most of the issues noted in the previous round of reviews, >>> and are >>> keeping some for later as they would otherwise create too many >>> conflicts with >>> our updated development branch. >>> >>> Similarly to the previous round of patches, this patchset does not >>> contain any >>> new features - only fixes for the reviews of the v3. New features >>> will follow >>> shortly once that first patchset is merged. >>> >>> Once again, thank you to all the contributors who made this possible and >>> especially to Philip Herron for his dedication to the project. >> >> Thanks a lot - this is OK to merge now, thanks for your patience and I'm >> looking forward for the future improvements. > > Woohooo, finally. Congratulations to everyone involved in this massive > effort > and thanks a lot for this huge step forward for the Rust community. Thank you! > > Can't wait to see this becoming available in the distributions :D. > > I will make sure we get the frontend enabled in Debian as soon as possible. Haha, I appreciate the enthusiasm :) Please note however that despite the language being in, the compiler is still at an extremely early stage. We are still not able to properly compile Rust code in the version that we target, 1.49. To do anything meaningful with the language, you will also need the core library, which again, we cannot compile yet in its 1.49 version. This is very much an extremely experimental compiler and will still get a lot of changes in the coming weeks and months up until the release. > > Adrian > -- Arthur Cohen Toolchain Engineer Embecosm GmbH Geschäftsführer: Jeremy Bennett Niederlassung: Nürnberg Handelsregister: HR-B 36368 www.embecosm.de Fürther Str. 27 90429 Nürnberg Tel.: 091 - 128 707 040 Fax: 091 - 128 707 077