On 05/08/2021 20:37, Mark Wielaard wrote: > Hi, > > On Fri, Jul 30, 2021 at 03:03:13AM +0200, Mark Wielaard wrote: >> That variant is attached and can also be found here: >> https://code.wildebeest.org/git/user/mjw/gccrs/commit/?h=pass-pratt-parse-loc >> The original is also here: >> https://code.wildebeest.org/git/user/mjw/gccrs/commit/?h=pass-pratt-parse-token >> >> Hopefully one of the two is acceptable. If not please let me know how >> to rewrite it in a cheaper more idiomatic way. > Any feedback on these patches? I really like to get the locations > correct for these pratt parsed expressions. If both variants are > problematic please let me know what I can do to improve them. > > Thanks, > > Mark > Hi Mark, Sorry for lack of reply on this. After looking into this and also getting Arthur Cohen to review, I think: * Token passing: If we end up using the token for more than the location this might be useful but at present I can't think of a use-case for the token. If we do need it maybe we could look into passing it by reference. * Location passing: I think this is the best solution and is directly associated with the issue you have fixed. The function says that you can call me but tell me the location as well so its up to the caller to handle this. We should add a comment to the function prototypes to say what the location is but that's it. What do you think? Thanks --Phil