Sigh.... thank you :) I'll blame this on the construction work going on in the building /s I have rebased the commits, built them and tested them, and they are now properly pushed. Thanks Thomas :) On 4/6/23 09:59, Thomas Schwinge wrote: > Hi Arthur! > > On 2023-04-05T16:02:43+0200, arthur.cohen@embecosm.com wrote: >> This patchset contains around 80 commits concerning the Rust frontend. > > Did you not intend to actually 'git push' those? ;-P > > > Grüße > Thomas > > >> We have been hard at work trying to get the Rust core library to >> compile, and hope to push more commits in the coming days as we try >> and upstream a more recent version of gccrs. All of the team has done >> a tremendous amount of work in the last few weeks, as we get closer >> and closer to compiling libcore 1.49. >> >> Our focus before GCC 13 releases is to improve the documentation of the >> compiler and write more about the various flags used by the frontend, >> which a user will need to understand and interact with. >> >> The commits we will be pushing before GCC 13 releases will not contain >> any "major breakthrough", as some functionality required to compile >> libcore properly will still take some time to implement. Very often used >> Rust macros such as `format_args` are defined within the core library, >> and require a high amount of work on the compiler side. >> >> Furthermore, integrating libcore as part of GCC will require >> significant build system changes which are incompatible with the current >> GCC stage. We will be making these changes as soon as possible and >> integrate a version of libcore in GCC 14, as well as an implementation >> of the libproc_macro crate. We will be submitting these patches and >> pinging build system experts for extensive reviewing. >> >> Thank you to everyone involved with the project, and to everyone who >> has helped us. >> >> All the best, >> >> Arthur > ----------------- > Siemens Electronic Design Automation GmbH; Anschrift: Arnulfstraße 201, 80634 München; Gesellschaft mit beschränkter Haftung; Geschäftsführer: Thomas Heurung, Frank Thürauf; Sitz der Gesellschaft: München; Registergericht München, HRB 106955 -- Arthur Cohen Toolchain Engineer Embecosm GmbH Geschäftsführer: Jeremy Bennett Niederlassung: Nürnberg Handelsregister: HR-B 36368 www.embecosm.de Fürther Str. 27 90429 Nürnberg Tel.: 091 - 128 707 040 Fax: 091 - 128 707 077