public inbox for gcc-rust@gcc.gnu.org
From: Thomas Schwinge <thomas@schwinge.name>
To: Arpit Gupta <cs21b062@iittp.ac.in>
Cc: gcc@gcc.gnu.org, gcc-rust@gcc.gnu.org
Subject: Re: GSoC: Application for Rust Front-End Project at GCC
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2024 23:46:56 +0100	[thread overview]

Hi Arpit!

First, welcome to GCC, and I appreciate your enthousiasm!

On 2023-12-30T22:30:37+0530, CS21B062 ARPIT GUPTA <cs21b062@iittp.ac.in> wrote:
> Dear GCC Community,
>
> I hope this email finds you well. My name is Arpit and I am writing to
> express my interest in participating in GSoC, specifically for the
> Rust Front-End project at GCC.

You're, however, too late for GSoC 2023 (..., which you'd referenced at
the end of your email), but also still too early for GSoC 2024; see
<https://developers.google.com/open-source/gsoc/timeline>.

Building the compiler and beginning to experiment as well as reaching out
to the community is always a good start, so if you're interested in
GCC/Rust specifically, please have a look at
<https://rust-gcc.github.io/>.

Grüße
 Thomas